• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

ALASKA- 3 .5 WEEKS OF PURE PLEASURE

nic412000

5665 Manchester So. Beloit, Ill 61080
Three friends and three airplanes go north to Alaska and had one of greatest adventures of a life time. Great weather on June 15. The people of Alaska were the greatest hosts anyone could have. We did not see but about half off the state, but next year we are going back the see some more. Do it yourself, it will be an adventure of a lifetime. It a once in a lifetime experience, dont let it slip by.

Dang! I gotta figure out how to get 3.5 weeks off in a row!

We would love to hear more details and pictures if you got 'em!

sj

I think I looked at a Supercub you had for sale back in spring of 2002, in Aurora IL. It had different color stripes on each side, huge tires, big patches from being torn up by a bear, duct tape on the leading edges, and I think I almost bought it. It had come from Alaska, out of a divorce, where each party got 2 planes, and each sold one, and this was one of them.

Noticed you were back on the site - welcome back!

I have always wanted to load up my cub and fly south. Should I not do that? lol

njneer - if you do, go all the way to Ohio. Swingle and I will show you around our little world!.

One of my goals is to load the plane someday and head south. When I get to the 48, I plan to spread the map out each morning , pick a destination, and go. Would love to fly with other who know the area. I have family in western NY and New Hampshire, so Ohio would be on the way. I have been rebuilding my Cub. Did a major OH on the engine last year, new fabric on wings and feathers. Next couple of years I hope to replace the fabric on the fuselage, then look out...

I know just how you feel. I have never had the pleasure of having another plane along to share in the experience , and have not seen nearly 1/2 the state. But the three trips to Alaskas in my experimental are the high points in my flying, and sure make me feel blessed !!!!!!
Hopefully I'll be there again come next moose season.:smile:
Doug

Last edited:
Saw half in three week?. Gee I have been flying in Alaska 45 years and I still have not seen but maybe half........ must have a much faster cub than mine.

Back