• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Value of Wings

Roger Gross

Gentlemen;

I have a set of wings that I am considering selling and need to know the approximate value. They are stock piper (1974).

The right wing has six good ribs, but the spars are hammered. The rear has been cut in half. The tank is there, but bent. All of the ancillary parts are there. I will sell with the flaps and ailerons. The aileron on the right half is bent, but the flap is in good shape.

The left wing is in good shape. Some of the ribs will need cap strips and a couple of nose ribs need repair. The tank is fine and everything else is in good shape.

What would be ball park for the set?

Regards, Roger

I am interested in purchasing your ailerons. I am looking for a set in need of rebuild, I basically need the ribs and hinge attach fitting. I am building a modified set for a new wing, anyone know of a damaged set of ailerons for sale?

ksecub:
Airframes Inc. or Dakota Cub has nearly, if not all the parts you will need to fabricate or repair ailerons/flaps.

TJ,

Thanks for the info. I assumed it would be more expensive to go that route, but maybe not. I will itemize all the parts and see what it comes up to.

Back