• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trick Air Alpine 3000 install on my Cessna 180

Final Ski Install

Ski Install.jpg

Here is the final install of the skis. Note the double bungee. I have not had a blow down since I went to this bungee set up. Skis are in great shape after a couple of seasons and am going to get them a workout this winter heading to our place in Canada. Excited for that.

Biggest issue I see on the install is putting weight back on the gear and getting the angle right for the natural toe in of the 180. When you lift it and mount the gear bows way in and it is hard to reset it to its natural stance. We played with the toe in the first year and I think have it right now. Looks off when you first install with hoist or jacks as it does in this pic.

Please no one correct me for leaving the door open. I close it when I go flying. :roll:

Attachments

• Ski Install.jpg
    Ski Install.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 64
Thank You Paul for the photo. It is really appreciated.Where is your place in Canada ? We live in the Montreal area. Regards, Pierre

Quote = Paul Jackson;854404]View attachment 67575

Here is the final install of the skis. Note the double bungee. I have not had a blow down since I went to this bungee set up. Skis are in great shape after a couple of seasons and am going to get them a workout this winter heading to our place in Canada. Excited for that.

Biggest issue I see on the install is putting weight back on the gear and getting the angle right for the natural toe in of the 180. When you lift it and mount the gear bows way in and it is hard to reset it to its natural stance. We played with the toe in the first year and I think have it right now. Looks off when you first install with hoist or jacks as it does in this pic.

Please no one correct me for leaving the door open. I close it when I go flying. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Back