• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tank sight Gages

Id have to pull my wing root fairings off to get a picture, -25 here today so wont be anytime soon. sorry. Somehow it needs to be done in a oven for a certain amount of time at a certain temp. to hold the 90s nice without melting or kinking. I just measured center to center for my outlets and the length i wanted to go into them, for the way i wanted it set up and steve at atlees fixed me up. And when its done right the tubing lays real nice right against the wing root panel on the inside. 100 times better than those sight gauges. doug

Well don't do that at -25. I guess I am spoiled :) . It's 46 here this morning and I whining about how cold it is in the hanger working on the project. I just put the finish coat of non glare on the panel and brought it in the house 'cause I thought it was too cold out there for the paint to cure

Gerald, i honestly dont know why when atlees sends out ther gauge they dont leave and extra 4-5 inches on each end to go over to the tank. Like someone said before i doubt its $2 worth of tubing.

Doug I like that single clamp Idea--less is better-- the only thing I might ad would be to crimp the hose barb end on the tank fitting to allow less fuel threw for a more accurate reading--with it wide open the fuel moves threw so fast that every bump will bounce the fuel reading around.

Dennis

Dennis, my 24 gallon Dakota tank has, im thinkin .050 or .060 hole drilled into the tank on the top and bottom fitting then the site gauge fittings were welded over them. Or the other way around. Holes are about the size of a toothpick. I like the idea of a restriction on both because if something would happen as far as a bad leak its like a restriction sortve like the engine oil pressure deal. Some just pound a rivet in one of the barbed fittings and drill it out. Remember this is on a dakota tank where its a threaded fittings. doug

Or on piper tanks with atlees gauges ive seen a short piece of aluminum tubing with a rivet pounded in it and drilled out and pushed in the plastic tubing aways. Its amazing how small that restrictor hole can be and the fuel flow in the gauge dosent seem to be affected.

Tubing

My tank has two tank fitting holes with plugs, so this is were aluminum fittings with hose ends should be screwed in place. Close to the bottom and close to the top. Then its a matter of getting from those fittings to the fittings on the Atlee Dodge site glass. The tubing is soft by the way. If your going to make one with bends. Try packing it with sand then heating it making bends and let it cool like that. Don't know if that will work but it sounded good anyway.

Bill

Back