• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ski problems

Jerry Gaston

Bozeman, Montana
I have a pair of Landis skis for my pa-18 my friend has a pair of Federal skis that have a hole below the axel for the insertion of a caster wheels that allows taxing to and from the snow runway. Does any one know how I can set up my skis similar to my friends skis?

Does anyone know offhand the cable and bungee lengths for Aeroski 2000's on a 3" extended gear? Or how much I would have to add to standard gear lengths.

For standard gear they are:
bungee........ 34"
front cable... 47 3/8"
rear cable.... 31 3/4"

I just bought a device to do just exactly what you are talking about doing with your Landis skis. I have used it with my 180 and it really works nice. I bought it from a guy in Palmer AK who is making them, if you want I'll get his number for you, I can't seem to find it right now. If you are interested I can go out to the hanger and take some digital pictures of it for you. Dave

homercub180 said:
I just bought a device to do just exactly what you are talking about doing with your Landis skis. I have used it with my 180 and it really works nice. I bought it from a guy in Palmer AK who is making them, if you want I'll get his number for you, I can't seem to find it right now. If you are interested I can go out to the hanger and take some digital pictures of it for you. Dave

Dave, I'd like to see the photos too. Can you post them in the photo album?

Thanks,

Dave Really interested in what you described ...If the hanger is not to far away I'd really appreciate any photos

OK, I'll go to the hanger and take several pictures, and if I can figure out how to post them I'll do that. Dave

Jerry,

You need to move to Fairbanks. We don't have to worry about that. :lol:

apchC.jpg

I also prefer to build the cables in-place.

Anything else would be like expecting a hand-fit antique to exchange parts with another hand-fit antique.

Oh, yeah, this is a Cub.............

I also prefer to rig the aft check cable to allow only 1 degree or less of tip-up.

The 43.13-2A Chap. 5 Sec. 3 Fig. 5.6 allows for 0 to +5 degrees tip up. 5 degrees tip-up is laughable when you see it fly. 0 to 1.5 is great. Landes prefer 1.5 degrees. I think you gain speed with a more level ski (closer to 0), give up little in ability to climb up over a snow hump, and have the added benefit of limiting the nose-down travel which could save a prop if you tipped the nose down.

Good Luck and Happy Ski-flying.

Cable Lengths

Anyone out there have the "eye to eye" cable lengths for the Landis 2500's on 3" extended gear? Crash

Well folks I have the pictures, now I have to figure out how to post them, are there instructions somewhere or can any of you help. Dave

homercub180 said:
Well folks I have the pictures, now I have to figure out how to post them, are there instructions somewhere or can any of you help. Dave

Dave as you can see I can post pics with a flash. you have to post your pics to a web page. if you don't know how or don't have the capability to do it you can email them to me at supercub@hotmail.com and i will host them for you. then you or i can post the pics.

Torch

ski dolly,landes

I have just made a set using a 13" trailer axel and wheel. Welded 1 1/16" cold roll to stub axel about 10" long. Pulled the cotter key slid axel into gear, pin in place through gear. Tire keeps ski about 2" off ground.

Tony.....we used a similar setup but it requires two guys or a jack and the jack doesn't work in snow . I bought a set of sleddogs that make taxiing to and from suitable ski areas a breeze.

ski problems

My cub hasnt been getting off good on skis lately,do you think i should keep the grass shorter?

Back