• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Scott brake question

Glidertow

Jonesboro, Arkansas
My project had some unknown brakes fitted. I bought a left Scott off ebay (maybe a mistake) and a new right one from Aircraft Spruce. The left one has a vent or fill cap on top and one on bottom, no place for parking brake out of the middle as shown on most photos. Does the brake lines attach to the bottom port ? with an elbow.

Also in the erection manuel for the tailwheel it shows a tailwheel pad just above the top spring - what is this made form?

Most SCOTT Brakes I have seen have a fill hole on top a bottom hole and one out the back for a straight or in line installation of the parking brake. Usually people put Brake Boosters on & that for sure is in line with a 45 or 90 deg fitting for the brake line. The pad you are talking about is a rubber pad between the tail springs & the Tail post pad part#30541-01 from Stoddards / Univair Hope this helps

If not mistaken the threads on the bottom and top ports of that Scott are different. Learned the hard way after replacing a diaphragm.
Good Luck
John

Flying Miss Daisy said:
If not mistaken the threads on the bottom and top ports of that Scott are different. Learned the hard way after replacing a diaphragm.
Good Luck
John

Hah...I remember that!! :lol:

The top hole is the filler hole and has straight thread for a plug with a copper washer. The assembly with only the bottom hole is for a J3 and is a pipe thread. The one with the hole out the front is for a PA18 and is also a pipe thread. The parking brake screws into that and the line to the brakes after that.

John

Scott brakes

Thanks, can I use the J-3 model if I plan not to have parking brakes?

Back