• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Open Letter To StewartB

aktango58

FRIEND
18AA
SB,

I can tell by your last post on PM project that you have many of the same feelings I do.

However, as Alaskans we face one terrible injustice that we must be very politically savvy to overcome: Most of our land is owned by the FEDS!

As you well know, we have more public lands than many of the other states combined, this is our curse; due to that others do have a say in what happens here.

I had a birthday last month, so have a year's seniority on you :D, born and raised here.

To win any fight in the war against lower 48 terrorists invading Alaska, we need to ensure the health of the predator carnivors, (T. Tredwell syndrome) or be nice in telling them to go to hell so that they don't muster a large(r) campaign to shut all federal lands down to any lifestyle we know.

Please don't get offended and remove your posts. Think of the odds here, the State of Alaska has just over 1/2 million population. Shucks, Calgary alone has almost twice that, how many were evacuated from fires in CalifornIa? Each post holds a respectful opinion of a greater percentage of the ENTIRE Alaska population than a group of five in Seattle!

We have an uphill battle. It is frustrating. Without each of us in Alaska saying our peace we will be (more) overwelmed by the flood from south.

I too hope my son will be able to return and enjoy going to the cabins and shooting rifles and running amuck in the woods.

When talking Politics here, or anything of opinion, on SC.O we should have thick skins. You, me, SD2, everybody. After all, we are the elite, the brightest, the cub pilots :wink: a few even have an ego.

If I offended anyone from down south......just think about me in the woods, with a cub, flying around without an additional million people around and LEAVE IT LIKE WE WANT IT! :

Back