• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Nuts from a Blind Squirell

On Patrol

BENEFACTOR
Wentworth NH" The WAD" NH96
Awhile back I was able to see a video here on SC.Org that had a fellow named Brian Lansburgh from Sisters Oregon providing tailwheel instruction in South Carolina to a family in their Super cub. It so happens that Brian is an instructor in present life in a 140 out is Sun River Oregon. He also writes a newsletter and has videos on his blog the Tailwheelers Journal. http://www.tailwheelersjournal.com/..._campaign=Journal+newsletter&utm_medium=email. I find the newsletter and the blog to be full of great information in addition to some great videos about real flying people.
Brian for this season just put out an audio CD about some flying and not flying stories. He states clearly that even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then so he imparts some of his stories or nuts on to us.

I thoroughly enjoyed riding with Jen this past weekend and listening to Brians stories. I guess this is free advertising and I am sorry SJ if I broke rule #69 but you know me and rules.

Please go to this site and take a look at his superior landing in a turn video and send Brian an e mail. The CD was not overly expensive and it gives you an hour or more of smiles while driving.
Happy Swooping!
John Aka. Flying Miss Daisy.

Last edited:
I already commented that Greg Swingle has basically mastered this maneuver. I am told it is how he gets into Papps W. Va. hilltop.
John

I spent a few days flying with Brian last year. What a hoot! He can do some amazing things with an airplane. Years ago he used to do an airshow act with a supercub called "The Acme Duck company". After seeing the act around 1980, I decided that someday I'd own a supercub. If any of you get a chance to fly with him, it would be time and money well spent.

I stand corrected thanks. I would love to get a few of us out here to get him a ticket and come out east for some instruction.
John

I spent a few days flying with Brian last year. What a hoot! He can do some amazing things with an airplane. Years ago he used to do an airshow act with a supercub called "The Acme Duck company". After seeing the act around 1980, I decided that someday I'd own a supercub. If any of you get a chance to fly with him, it would be time and money well spent.

Brian has been a family friend for years..... I helped him with two different shows back when he was doing the comedy act when I was a kid, drove the duck box out to the side of the runway ( you would have to see the show to understand the significance of the ducks ) He is an excellent pilot.

Brian was nominated for an Academy award for his short film Dawn Flight involving gliders, here is a video clip from You Tube about the film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJ4LTdjHmU

Brian. ( AKA Bubba, a name given to me by Brian when we were rebuilding his cub back in the 80's.... Got confusing having two Brian's in the shop )

The Acme Duck Company really got Jen as well as his expalanation of his inadvertent visit to Rajneeshpuram (Antelope) to shut off a broken heat valve in the cub.

Back