• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New TCM AD Coming, Lifter Trouble

aerialimage

SPONSOR
SE Massachusetts
Hydraulic Lifters
TCM has identified an issue with a vendor component that makes it necessary for aircraft with certain recently installed engines to be grounded effective immediately. The component is a hydraulic lifter and TCM has confirmed instances of rapid wear of PN 657915. This has occurred in both TCM engines and field overhauled engines using the 657915 lifter.
The aircraft needs to remain grounded until an inspection is completed to determine if your engine has been affected. If your engine has PN 657913 (Exhaust), 657915 (Intake), or 657916 (Either), it is affected and must remain grounded until the lifters are replaced. Upon inspection, if your engine has either PN please contact TCM’s customer service department at 1 888-826-5465 for additional instructions. A listing of potentially affected engines will be on our website (http://www.genuinecontinental.aero/) as soon as possible. Additionally, a Service Bulletin with more detail is in the works with the FAA and will be released as soon as possible.
TCM and the lifter vendor are working to identify and correct this issue.
FAQ’s:
Is the FAA involved?
Yes, TCM is working in conjunction with the FAA at this time.
Am I going to be compensated for any financial losses?
TCM will replace all affected engine components under warranty. In addition, TCM will reimburse reasonable travel expenses for pilots and passengers stranded away from their home airports as a result of this grounding. We are actively working this issue and will keep you advised through our website as more information becomes available.
What is wrong with my lifter?
We have confirmed a few instances of rapid wear of lifter PN 657915 in both TCM engines and field overhauled engines. We are continuing to work with our supplier to identify the root cause and the corrective action.
What are the symptoms of this issue?
The instances to date have been detected by a rough engine in flight.
Should I be concerned about flying my aircraft?
At this time we believe there may be a potential safety of flight issue, which is why we have decided to ground involved aircraft.
What is TCM going to do about my lifters?
TCM will replace all affected lifters.
What will the lifter replacement cost me?
TCM will replace all engine components affected under warranty.
When can I anticipate the replacement lifters to be delivered?
TCM is working with the supplier to obtain the necessary replacement lifters as quickly as possible. Please review our website for status of this issue

Back