• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I need help in a big way

andyfreeman

I am trying to buy a PA-18 reg 1952. Serial no. 1463. There are no logs before 1995 when it was restored and converted to a 150 from a ???95 or 125? I need an stc for the conversion and any info on the aircrafts history. Can anyone help a poor old English soul? Andy. ps cash rewards for help. Ta.

A couple pieces of information from you would be helpful. I assume this is not a US registered aircraft. Do you know what the original FAA N# was? If it has not been registered in the US for some time, FAA might not have the records on Microfiche or CD. Give them a Call at 405-954-3116 with the model and S/N. they will have the records up to the time it was deregistered in the US, but will be on paper in their archives. It will take them some time to get them dug out and copied for you. All the info they have such as legal modifications done with 337's etc will be there. You do not need the N# if you don't have it and it would be best to do it by phone not computer. Anything modified since deregistered will not be there. You also don't mention whether the logbooks reference a specific STC for the conversion or not. There are several available if you need a new one.

Easy deal..

Hey I was talking to FSDO friend a few weeks ago he knows a guy who had a 150hp with a possible local 337 field approval on a 150hp.
Email me for a phone and maybe I can help....
Let me know..
Cheers!
Sam :lol:

Back