• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Finally, Smith Cub after nearly 3 years

GeneHerzog

Sulphur Springs, Texas
I hope to get a DAR inspection in a few weeks. In the mean time here are few pictures of the nearly finished product. 180hp New Superior Engine, Smith Kit Super Cub with Thrustline and Micro VGs, etc.

P1010271.jpg

P1010219.jpg

http://www.supercub.org/photopost/data/500/P10102131.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.supercub.org/photopost/data//500/medium/DSCN8580.JPG

DSCN8579.JPG

P1010295.jpg

Wow, Gene that is simply amazing! Congratulations! What a striking paint scheme. I bet you are chomping at the bit to fly it.

Truly inspiring! Keep us posted on the first flight.

Wow, Nice and Sweet were the first three words that came to mind so I guess I'll just add VERY to all those comments !!!!

Heck... I'd trade my H**** for that......in a heart beat !!! :D

Anybody who has built or is building realizes what you've accomplished. No small feat. Looks good.

Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful Smith Cub, and welcome to the Flying Smith Cub Club ( soon to be ) . I hope you can get the enjoyment I have been having flying mine. I have over 220 hrs since July 06.
Ron

Congratulations on a beautiful cub, Gene. Still in the building phase so I know how much work it is. Great paint scheme. Very tasteful and elegant. When you have time it would be nice to see more pictures and details. Weight, features you put in, details of covering, panel etc.

Very Very nice, Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Hope to see it at New Holstein.

Bill

Looks really nice Gene.I like the paint scheme a lot.Congratulations on a very nice airplane. I know you and Dorinda put a lot of hard work into it.
Bill

Beautiful plane....

Beautiful plane. I would be about to bust to fly it. Have you "hi-speed taxied" it around the field yet?
What prop did you finally use? Looks longer than mine.

Mike Kelly

Gene, that is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the paint scheme. May you enjoy thousands of hours of pure, unadulterated bliss in that beautiful bird.

Very nice, Gene, and congratulations on finishing it. Many start and many don't finish. Am closing in on finishing rebuilding mine, so I know the effort you put in.

:up

Bob

up close

Gene,

I have seen it up close and it is nice. I will be proud of you when ever we see it and you out and about.

I want to thank everyone for the nice comments. It really has been a labor of love and learning. The contributions made by the members of this website helped make it possible. Particularly when I was stuck with a difficult decision about something I knew very little about or was overwhelmed with too much info from other sources.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!

Back