• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub-friendly fields in North-Central MA and Southern NH

DanP

Hudson, MA
Going to be flying a Super Cub to Central Mass to its home for this winter in a couple weeks. It will head back to Maine next spring. For the flight down, and for general knowledge when flying around, I am wondering if there are any cub-friendly fields in Southern NH and in Central Mass. Planning to keep it in Sterling MA (3B3). Flying down from Bowman Field in Maine (B10). Would be good to know if there is anything for the flight down in case I need to stretch my legs. The plane has no transponder and only a handheld radio, so planning to fly south westerly course to the north of all the controlled space in Easter MA/Southern NH before turning south.

Going to be flying a Super Cub to Central Mass to its home for this winter in a couple weeks. It will head back to Maine next spring. For the flight down, and for general knowledge when flying around, I am wondering if there are any cub-friendly fields in Southern NH and in Central Mass. Planning to keep it in Sterling MA (3B3). Flying down from Bowman Field in Maine (B10). Would be good to know if there is anything for the flight down in case I need to stretch my legs. The plane has no transponder and only a handheld radio, so planning to fly south westerly course to the north of all the controlled space in Easter MA/Southern NH before turning south.
Weekends and good soaring days midweek(not so likely this time of year) there is a lot of glider activity at Sterling. Feel free to use the grass. If you land on the pavement and want to use the midfield taxiway before crossing have a good look that nothing is landing on the grass. Cool little airport, Ed and Tom are great guys.

Sure - most of them.
Twitchell
Limington-Harmon
Limerick
Biddeford
Sanford
Hampton of course
Intervale
Hawthorne Feather
Jaffery

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Katama and Cape Cod are worth the trip south.
Chatham too.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back