• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Beringers

Dave

My understanding is they are lighter, but I think the cost per pound saved is going to be VERY high. Plus you will need to buy their brake system as well. My understanding is they are quite nice, just way expensive.

Bill

But they look cool! Heck, Airframes new titanium gear and vee is like $1500 a lb! Light is expensive for sure. When you built your cub and made it really light, that's worth thousands in buying your way to light! Good job Bill! I'm envious for sure as I want light but can't afford to buy it.

I ran 6" Beringers and brakes for 3 years. Good brakes, light weight. But Metric everything. I had to make Metric to SAE adapter to connect their brake lines. I do like their SS braided brake lines though. Flexible is nice for swapping gear legs and skis.

While on the topic of Beringers. If I were building an experimental cub on 35's using Beringer 10" wheels for summer use, but wanted to use GLH3000 wheel skis in the winter. Would their brake calipers used for the 10" wheels be able to be used or adapted for use with their 6" rims?

My understanding is that it’s a different caliper. I recently watched a guy swap an 8.50 Beringer wheel set to a 31” wheel set. NASCAR fast. Loosen nut, swap wheel set, tighten nut and done. He didn’t touch brakes.

Last edited:
My understanding is that it’s a different caliper. I recently watched a guy swap an 8.50 Beringer wheel set to a 31” wheel set. NASCAR fast. Loosen nut, swap wheel set, tighten nut and done. He didn’t touch brakes.

Yes, different caliper and rotor, the 10" wheel Brake rotor is HUGE.

And yes, wheel change (same size) is super fast and easy.

Attachments

• 5053769B-CADF-4D70-9FB2-0E60AC74A9C3.jpeg
    5053769B-CADF-4D70-9FB2-0E60AC74A9C3.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back