• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Baggage Door Retrofit

Eddie Foy

South Florida
I am installing the Atlee Dodge extended Baggage. I need an external door that I can retrofit without welding. What are my options?

Eddie
Stock PA-18

1031.jpg1034.jpgEddie, I make a baggage door and frame that can install in a covered fuselage. or i should say "an access door" so it is a minor alteration. no cutting tubes just stringer and fabric

Attachments

• 1034.jpg
    1034.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 1031.jpg
    1031.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 457
Randy, What does that weigh? Looks like a larger door than most. I am getting tired of diving over the seat on mine.

The baggage door looks great. It would be nice to know how it installs and if it requires a field approval or has an STC. It would be great if this could be combined with the carbon fiber extended baggage you have been working on.

Last edited:
They weigh 1.5# the jam is a two part, an inner and an outer that slide inside each other and squeeze the tubes in the inverted triangle in the baggage side. You fabric tape to the outer jam and install the door. It has been deemed in Alaska by the FAA as a minor alteration it is simply a "Access panel" that has replaced a piece of fabric. They run $450.00.

They weigh 1.5# the jam is a two part, an inner and an outer that slide inside each other and squeeze the tubes in the inverted triangle in the baggage side. You fabric tape to the outer jam and install the door. It has been deemed in Alaska by the FAA as a minor alteration it is simply a "Access panel" that has replaced a piece of fabric. They run $450.00.
how does it compare in size with the CubCrafters door?

how do I order from you? Do you have them in stock?

Eddie

Back