• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone going the the Annual Seaplane seminar in Anchorage

Alex Clark

Life Long Alaskan
I was going to fly up with one of my students in his Spam Can this year but he can't go. My Cub is already on floats so that is out.
I could spend $190 for a commercial ticket or $70 in gas and drive for 8 hours in the wife's little car. Sure wish I could tell if it was going to be worth a darn this year....

Title "2007 Seaplane Festival"

Topic All Things Seaplane.

Date and Time Saturday, April 14, 2007, starting at 9:00 am

Speaker(s) Bart Stone, Cliff Balleau, Terry Smith,

Brief Description A tradition in Anchorage, the annual Seaplane Festival brings pilots and seaplane fans together for a day of safety briefings, conversation, and bar b que. Safety experts from Alaskan industry discuss operations and maintenance on the shore of Lake Hood.

Select Number AL0113840

Location of Event Aviation Management Directorate (Formerly OAS) Hangar
4405 Lear Court

Anchorage, AK 99502

Directions to Venue From West International Airport Road toward airport turn Right onto Postmark Drive then, turn Right onto Heliport Place. Proceed to Stop Sign then, turn Right and follow Aircraft Drive to Hangar.

Fly-in Event? No

Seating 250 seats at the facility, 136 remaining for online registration.
Click here to register online now!

Sponsoring Division Alaska FAA Safety Team

Contact Information John Steuernagle
Phone: (907) 271-5405
john.w.steuernagle@faa.gov

Full Description Alaskan Aviation Safety Foundation, Alaska Airmen's Association, Seaplane Pilots Association, Alaska Chapter Ninety-Nines

Alex, you've gone before, you go once, that's enough. They're almost all the same. Be safe this season on floats. Woo hoo. Same story, different speakers. I don't know anyone going this year. Everyone seems to be in the ho hum mode. I'm staying home and sleeping. It's more comfortable to sleep here than in a folding chair in the hangar.

Back