• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Alaskan Guide flys off into the west......

TurboBeaver

Northern Maine
Just got word that well respected Alaskan Guide Rob Holt has passed away , Rob was a noted Big Game Guide in the 80s/90s, and had a permit to guide hunters for the huge Brown Bear on Kodiak Isle. Rob loved his Super Cubs ,and had some nice ones, He had a beautiful log cabin right on the village strip in Talkettna. He was active in local government there. And is survived by his son , also an Alaskan guide and fine young man. Rob was a kind and considerate guy, and one heck of a TIG welder that everyone in the area brought all there stuff to for fixing. He has battled some medical issues over the last years but was taken unexpectedly the other morning . The loss to the community will be substantial as he was very well thought of ,all over Alaska. We will miss him a lot.:sad:

Last edited:
Sad for the lose of your friend TurboBeaver. Seems like the era of the 'good old flyers' is getting smaller everyday.

Sure sorry to hear it. I got to meet Rob once. We used to sell his Cub Driver t-shirts here, in fact, I was wearing one the other day. It was always my dream to have him design a shirt for Supercub.org, but we never worked it out.

Tailwinds, Rob!

sj

Back