• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airplane Flight Manual Supplements

jwmusgrove

FRIEND
In the Super Cub TCDS 1A2, there is a list of Interior Equipment, Section 401 Flight Manuals and Supplements.
Does anyone have a source for these documents? I am primarily interested in (k) CAA Approved Airplane Flight Manual Skiplane Supplement dated August 20, 1951. I have a pretty good idea of the content, but I'm looking for the official approved page.

Corporate Piper's website and voice messaging systems politely herded me off to the dealers. 2 of which informed me they have no such thing, and not since they came into the company employ. The 3rd fone number essentially sez he'll call me back when he gets good and ready.

Closest FSDO has not answered their fone for several days now. Their computer voice message indicates they are by appointment only. Of course, they don't have to give you an appointment if they don't answer. My guess is they all took off for an extended trip to Australia, to help with the missing 777. Godspeed.

Univair has a copy of one of the AFMs for sale, but no supplements; same for Cub Club. Nothing at Essco.
Google turns up a lot of talk about these documents, but no actual documents. At least for me.

I realize you buy a set of Landis skis, you get an approved supplement. I need a supplement for the equipment approved on the TCDS. The Federal drawings I have do not have the supplement attached.

Gotta be a personal stash somewhere?

thanx

In the Super Cub TCDS 1A2, there is a list of Interior Equipment, Section 401 Flight Manuals and Supplements.
Does anyone have a source for these documents? I am primarily interested in (k) CAA Approved Airplane Flight Manual Skiplane Supplement dated August 20, 1951. I have a pretty good idea of the content, but I'm looking for the official approved page.

Corporate Piper's website and voice messaging systems politely herded me off to the dealers. 2 of which informed me they have no such thing, and not since they came into the company employ. The 3rd fone number essentially sez he'll call me back when he gets good and ready.

Closest FSDO has not answered their fone for several days now. Their computer voice message indicates they are by appointment only. Of course, they don't have to give you an appointment if they don't answer. My guess is they all took off for an extended trip to Australia, to help with the missing 777. Godspeed.

Univair has a copy of one of the AFMs for sale, but no supplements; same for Cub Club. Nothing at Essco.
Google turns up a lot of talk about these documents, but no actual documents. At least for me.

I realize you buy a set of Landis skis, you get an approved supplement. I need a supplement for the equipment approved on the TCDS. The Federal drawings I have do not have the supplement attached.

Gotta be a personal stash somewhere?

thanx

Any luck coming up with this Flight Manual Supplement? I am looking for it as well. I have a digital copy of Federal Drawing 11R1101, ski installation for PA-11 & PA-18 of AWB-2100 Skis, as well as a parts diagram if anyone is interested in them. You'd think if the FAA wants us to be legal, they'd readily help us procure these ancient documents! Thanks!

Bill

These documents should be on file in the FAA regional office in the region which holds the particular type certificate. They are supposed to be holding all documents associated with the type certificate. If you can acquire a refusal or a permission letter from the type certificate holder, present it to your FSDO. Your FSDO will then call it in from the region for you to view at their office. You can then make a copy.

At least this is how I have done it for another type of airplane.

This is the information for the PA-18 TCDS 1A2. http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...AB203AB0E89895AF862572090071F7CD?OpenDocument

Notice that the responsible office is: ACE-115A Atlanta Aircraft Certification Office Tel: (404) 474-5500 You could start with a phone call to this number.

These documents should be on file in the FAA regional office in the region which holds the particular type certificate. They are supposed to be holding all documents associated with the type certificate. If you can acquire a refusal or a permission letter from the type certificate holder, present it to your FSDO. Your FSDO will then call it in from the region for you to view at their office. You can then make a copy.

At least this is how I have done it for another type of airplane.

This is the information for the PA-18 TCDS 1A2. http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...AB203AB0E89895AF862572090071F7CD?OpenDocument

Notice that the responsible office is: ACE-115A Atlanta Aircraft Certification Office Tel: (404) 474-5500 You could start with a phone call to this number.

I hope that is True.
Tried for years to get the necessary document to convert the PA-18A-125 to standard category as referenced in the TC and all I got from Piper and the FAA was a runaround.

I do not have the one dated August 20, 1951 but I did order from Univair the ones I needed including the "Airplane Flight Manual (Landplane or Skiplane)" dated April 25, 1952. This was the one I needed and for the five sheets of paper it was less than $2.00 so I'm thinking they may have the one you are looking for? Well...hope this helps and if you need a copy of mine let me know.

Back