• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Air to Air photos in Anchorage/Mat-Su

-12 Flyer

GONE WEST
Anchorage AK
I have been looking at some of the photo galleries here, and really liked Steve's pictures from when he came up for the trade show. I was wondering if anyone would like to go out and take some air-to-air photos of my plane? If we planned it right, we could each have a pilot and photographer, and take pictures of each other, then share them. I am flying floats out of Lake Hood, and would be willing to meet up with someone on anyweekend for pictures. Let me know if your interested...

I do that quit a bite down here since I have wolf windows on both sides.
So there are no plexiglass glare.
I was just up there the other day. I will be back up in a week or so. If you come down here and get away from Los Anchorgae give me a call and we could do lunch. The mountains and glaciers here would be better back-grounds for your cub.

Alex

You don't.

But at least your plane will be eaten up by the crevasses so your disappearance will always be a mystery.

Alex,
I'll give you a buzz next time I'm around Homer...We try to go out ther now and again. We will be out that way in early August for a goat hunt. I'll definately give you a call then.

Jon B. said:
Speaking of glaciers & mountains in the background, this one of Steve & Dana's gives me sphincter problems!

Just exactly where does one set down and hope to live through the 'landing'?

http://sparky.supercub.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2987&cat=580

Jon B.

Well Jon, pretty much nowhere. I would say in that two hour flight, there were five or so three to eight minute stretches where there was nowhere especially nice to land, that shot being one of them (probably 4-5 minutes over that craggy glacier) The plane was running like a top, the karma felt right, and it was some spectacular flying. I may be chastised for saying it, but nothing great comes without some risk, and the experience for me was certainly worth the (well calculated) risk.

sj

Back