• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A quick question.

Chuck E.

Canada
Hi troops, sorry to bother you all but I am trying to find out if anyone here has any experience with the fabric method called HIPEC?

I should be at the cover stage with my cub soon and am looking at all the methods.

Asked in the experimental forum and got 198 hits but no answers.

Thanks.

Chuck E.

Well, it looks about the same result here, but at least you got a reply.
Sorry to be of no help, but always remember "it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".

I just went to the website & it's like a broken record. It just keeps repeating the same thing. The only percieved advantage is it eliminates rib stitching and taping.
nono.gif
I would NOT RECOMMEND it. Seems like alot of hype. It is on an aerobatics page so I assume it is pretty tough stuff but I wouldn't want it on a cub. If you are trying to save some labor by not stitching then I would buy a big hog and some beer and throw a rib stitching party! :D I would come :lol:

They brag about how tough it is by showing this photo. You you can do this with any covering system.

heavy2.gif

Thanks Grant, your thoughts mirror mine.

I have some reservations when it comes to glueing structural components on aircraft, little things like wide ranges of temperature and moisture not to mention UV damage over the years.

One would think that if this process is superior or even equal to the the methods we have been using for years there would have been more responses to my question.

Nimpo Cub:

I am not sure what you mean, do you mean the process is sh.t?

" Sorry to be of no help, but always remember "it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".

Ceconite or Stits - or Super-Flite, if you rail against monopolies. Best of all worlds - dacron and dope. And rib stitches.

Back