• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

337, color photos?

mike mcs repair

chugiak AK
just curious,

when I look at the AC for 337's
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/b824c64a310b1c8686257272006dff36/$FILE/AC%2043.9-1F.pdf

it does not say you can't use color photos as part of your data...

but when you order copies of Aircraft's history they are always black and white...

we always photo copied the stuff onto a 337 so it was made into black and white at that step & submited...

but now that I have a color laser printer, has anyone heard of any reason my data pictures MUST be black and white????

would make them so much more legible & detailed in the original 337 submissions... maybe not so much in the archived version...

Make sure you can see them when the FAA Documents office scans them in black and white. Seen a lot that you couldn't tell what the picture was.

So does this mean you are still getting field approvals? My FSDO was quite good about them until last spring, when they showed me a directive that pretty much demands an Airframe or Engineering designee.

so... after some searching I found a "stupid simple" program for adding text bubbles to pictures, actually i am using it for the whole 337 backside editing process... very simple to use..."comic life 2" at http://comiclife.com/ free demos PC or MAC too, and only $20 - 30 to buy...

a semi complete one... still need some editing...
(click for big, then click that one for full size)
backside russel panel 337.jpg

boy this sure beats scotch tape and photo copiers!

Attachments

• backside russel panel 337.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • backside russel panel 337.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:
seems to be taking 10 minutes each to annotate them... not bad at all, and super easy....

I am writing up my text first then taking a picture and annotating picture to support what is described in main text....
(click for big, then click that one for full size)
upper fuselage russell_low.jpg

Attachments

• upper fuselage russell_low.jpg
    upper fuselage russell_low.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
did a little screen capture doing one as i did it... warts and all... couple of screw ups in it... but gives you an idea of how quick it is....

hit the full screen button in lower right and choose a high resolution like 1080 there too...

anyone care about this? or am I talking to myself?

want more screen captures as I do them?

Mike, I think this is good. It is very clean and very detailed. It looks that I would just need a color printer to print them for submission. How does it work once they are submitted? Do they turn into Black and White once they are recorded on the Federal level?

Mike you are never "talking to yourself" with your posts. Someday (after your long gone since you won't use the Stewarts System :-; )your posts will all be in the SC.org "Hall of Fame" along with a few others (who will undertake that task?).

Nice job Mike, you have come a long way since doing mine! I think color is fine with most Federal Agencies for forms when it helps clarify whats going on.

Semi-hijack: Why did you move the trim up top, seems real inconvenient. Was it because you put in a left door?

......? Do they turn into Black and White once they are recorded on the Federal level?

I would assume....
Not sure what technology or lack of they have..... (but I am sure it was $$$$$)
Your home scanners been able to decide wether something is b&w or color and do the right thing for a decade......

turned the capture on during another one of tonight's editing sessions...

complete with bloopers and indecision.....

Back