• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I expect more from pilots. Take your trash home.

Another bad location is Goose Bay airstrip across the inlet from Anchorage. I went there last year. Used needles, bongs, trash, glass, rolls of carpet, tons of empty casings from weapon fire. Not even supposed to shoot there. Furniture and car bodies pushed over cliff into ocean. I'd never camp there. Sketchy folks after hours.

Not to be ....something, "location-ist?....but as the other post says, this is probably not the local residents. Likely visitors from Los Anchorage or the Meth-Su. Even after 5+ decades of living in Southcentral AK, it is astonishing (and sickening) how the masses from the population centers tend to trash the areas that have easily-accessible F&G resources. Hope, the Kenai in spots, Fish Creek to a lesser degree, roadside at Chitina, the ATV-trail running to / by my cabin :evil:, etc all get blasted with Say Hi, It's Tuesday during the fish openers and, for the cabin, hunting season. I was raised that both the real outback as well as the road accessible stuff (i.e. Hope, Kenai, etc) were to be kept free of my trash and impact.

Hope residents, and other off the beaten path communities like McCarthy or Manley Hot Springs are proud of their quaint settlements. I honestly don't know how they manage the pressure. Hope largely gets through summer with community volunteer help. Agree its city folk not locals.

Back