• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fuel STC

Skip

Savannah Ga
Ok let me start another argument/discussion. I want to get rid of the header tanks in my PA-12. I have new tanks and I am thinking about the Cub Crafters STC to get rid of them. I know about the fuel line crossing the firewall but if I hit something so hard that I will rupture that fuel line I don`t think I would be around to worry about it. I know Atlee uses 2 header tanks in some 12`s but I really don`t want a header tank hanging behind the back seat either.

you do NOT NEED an STC to eliminate the header tank in a PA-12... the (ONLY/front)header tank was OPTIONAL equipment/item in a PA-12... look at the parts book....

no one understands why the FAA even granted them an STC(including the FAA here..)

I would recommend the Dakota Cub fuel valve which gives you a both position with their STC...

Last edited:
I have Dakota cub 24 gallon tanks in my 12 and bought the fuel selector, stc and associated parts from Cubcrafters.

The Cubcrafters stc and directions were excellent. Valve has both, left and right and off.

One thing that surprised me was that the tanks cross fed in the off position. I found that out when we were doing some fuel tests.

All Dakota cub products are excellent.

Dont forget the order the selector handle and screw.
I also used the Dakota sight gauges.

Our biggest problem we encountered was not installing the fittings for sight gauges that come out of tank that go around compression strut and rib. Installing the finger strainers and fittings is also a good idea.

Having fuel lines running around the cabin was and is my last worry.

30 hours since rebuild and haven't had a glitch yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 145
While not a PA 12, the fuel system in my 1954 180 Cessna is as simple as it gets and could be used in a 12 just as easy. IMHO

Back