• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kydex reply

I can get white make my panels and wrap em with whatever I like NOW that's the idea

kinda defeates the major advantage of using kydex... its the same color all the way through, so when it gets damaged.....

might as well just use aluminum and put the stickers on it....

I have seen photo of aluminum panels covered with grey fabric that might work too

Just starting to cut my patterns out today. Just wondering what a good way to make a map pocket. Marc

I'm going to put carbon fiber wrap o mine. If you use black kydex it $102 for 4x8 any other colors it $45 more. Marc

I just ordered a 4 X 8 sheet of Kydex in pewter gray from Curbell Plastics in Colorado for my wide body cub build. $160 for the Kydex and $39.75 for shipping to my door. They were very friendly, and helpful , and returned my calls very promptly, and answered 5 or 6 separate e mails questions via e mail for me In one afternoon. Ask for Cari, she was my rep, and was very friendly and helpful.

I do have a set of patterns I used for my '47 PA12. Happy to pass them on. Installed Kydex panels.

Anyone tried to glue kydex to its self with any success?? I've tried several solvent type glues MEK etc. and haven't found anything..

If I recall you mentioned flaming a break to get rid of white lines? Do you ever heat an area before bending it in a break or beading it?

I do have a set of patterns I used for my '47 PA12. Happy to pass them on. Installed Kydex panels.

Do you still have your patterns for your "47" PA--12 interior? I'm just now getting around to my "47". Thanks, John

A pack of posterboard, scissors, a ruler,a fine tip Sharpie, and some masking tape... you can make custom fitted patterns for your own plane in a couple of hours. Time well spent.

That’s what I did. I looked over Mike’s posts and other Kydex masters. Then went for it. It is fun to work with and cuts easily with a good pair of snips. It bends nice on a brake and a light touch with a heat gun will take the bend marks out.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

814e205a5ec91a585022d95e5d9596b9.jpg
05d7ad4cabb34302a3dd38c2faaed231.jpg
c0b406fc0c7f43ca9673532a2b772106.jpg
814e205a5ec91a585022d95e5d9596b9.jpg
cb04a5595d54c79facf938525e18e009.jpg
d5f9e3bfa61b765c4afda50173ebb9a8.jpg

I’m no mike but 70% done with 90 to go.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Hyrdflyr, I sent my patterns to Foosghost for his PA-12 project. I'm sure he would share, but the patterns are not hard to make with butcher paper and a transfer to light poster board. Each plane has its peculiar needs once you get into the details.. geo

Nice work, Beaverpilot. It makes me miss kydex. I haven’t enjoyed working with my carbon fiber interior nearly as much.

Back