• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

ADS-B Rebate.

Eddie Foy

South Florida
I spent 35 minutes droning around at 10,500 for the validation report. The GTX 335 passed with flying colors. My check is in the mail.

Anyone else done this?

You have to be in the designated airspace. I could have flown around with Palm Beach approach. Climbing above 10K was easier. Plus my radio was acting up.

Just fly UNDER it, you don't have to go to 10.5.

I am trying to get the rebate reservation for our PA-12. In going through the steps I find that N2712M is listed as an Airbus 330 and already has ADS-B. N2712M was assigned to the PA-12 when it was built in 1946. Any one have any ideas to get this straight?

I just looked up the N number and it shows a PA-12. Maybe it's an insidious fat finger issue.

I spent 35 minutes droning around at 10,500 for the validation report. The GTX 335 passed with flying colors. My check is in the mail.

Anyone else done this?

Just did the exact same thing with my GTX-335 and passed on the first try. Closest class B or C is down in Minneapolis so climbing up on the flight home from the annual made the most sense. Now I just need to figure out how to reprogram the side number into the 335 as I am changing the N-number on the 185. I'm currently on a 1-plus hour hold with the Garmin folks, but does anybody know if I can do it myself or do I need to take it to a Garmin dealer? Thanks.

IMG_8519.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8519.jpg
    IMG_8519.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 216
You will have to wait until the FAA officially changes the number. The installation manual tells you how to do it. It is available on the Inter web.

Just did the exact same thing with my GTX-335 and passed on the first try. Closest class B or C is down in Minneapolis so climbing up on the flight home from the annual made the most sense. Now I just need to figure out how to reprogram the side number into the 335 as I am changing the N-number on the 185. I'm currently on a 1-plus hour hold with the Garmin folks, but does anybody know if I can do it myself or do I need to take it to a Garmin dealer? Thanks.

View attachment 42604

View attachment 42604

From the Garmin manual.

On a panel mount unit push and hold the ENT key and apply power to enter configuration mode.
• Push and hold the OFF key until the unit powers off to exit configuration mode.
• Push the FUNC key to cycle through the group pages.
• Push the 8 or 9 key to scroll up or down on the page without an active field selected.
• Push the CRSR key to access items on the page.
• Push the 8 or 9 key to cycle through the selections of an item on the page.
• Push the ENT key to move within the page with a field highlighted or to accept setting.
• Push the CLR key to move to previous selection on the page.
• Push the FUNC key to exit the page

From the Garmin manual.

On a panel mount unit push and hold the ENT key and apply power to enter configuration mode.
• Push and hold the OFF key until the unit powers off to exit configuration mode.
• Push the FUNC key to cycle through the group pages.
• Push the 8 or 9 key to scroll up or down on the page without an active field selected.
• Push the CRSR key to access items on the page.
• Push the 8 or 9 key to cycle through the selections of an item on the page.
• Push the ENT key to move within the page with a field highlighted or to accept setting.
• Push the CLR key to move to previous selection on the page.
• Push the FUNC key to exit the page

That worked like a champ. Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, and I just got my rebate check in the mail!

Last edited:
I just heard yesterday from the FAA that all of the rebates have been spoken for. From now on it will be pot luck in case some do not get used.

Back