• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA 18 -A Conversion to standard Airframes Ak. Fuselage

Depending on the IA and part of the country you are in you may not need anything. I would call Airframes and ask them, I know it has been done before.
DENNY

Hi Denny, thanks. I am an IA. We are converting a customer's airplane. I have reached out to Airframes Alaska but haven't heard back. Airframes told the customer that a field approval is needed. The A model isn't on the approved list of the STC.

Sent from my VS987 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

If it isn’t on the STC or PMA, it could be done with a Field Approval or 8110-3 deviation. Does your -18A have a Standard or Restricted Certificate? Changing from Restricted to Standard can be tricky as the TC says you need the hopper cover in place so you need a deviation from that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it isn’t on the STC or PMA, it could be done with a Field Approval or 8110-3 deviation. Does your -18A have a Standard or Restricted Certificate? Changing from Restricted to Standard can be tricky as the TC says you need the hopper cover in place so you need a deviation from that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks dgapilot. I'll look into that.

Sent from my VS987 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I have a 337 converting a A to a standard 18 but not on a new fuselage. I would think you could use that for your FA.

Back