• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Insurance help!!!

Tim326

FRIEND
Hello,
Unfortunately I had an accident last year that totaled my plane. I know that it will be challenging
to find an insurance company that is willing to insure me. In a previous thread about insurance
I noticed a few recurring names: Dana Boucher, Bill White and Tom Hauge. Does anyone know if they or
some other agent can help me get a reasonable quote with this one blemish?
Thanks!

Did you have insurance then, if so try them. They make their money over time on you.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Last edited:
If you get quotes from multiple brokers hey will be the same. Dana helped my brother and I both with accidents and my Dad for his age. He knows what companies ask what questions. Tightening market as of late.

X2 try avemco. I had a propstrike etc claim at low hours(BTW never had an auto, home, medical claim if any sort my whole 48yrs), they never raised my rates then and they have dropped every year since to boot.

Avemco would not insure me.
I tried Dana Boucher at 816 353-1047 but could not get connected.
Is there another number he uses?

Avemco would not insure me.
I tried Dana Boucher at 816 353-1047 but could not get connected.
Is there another number he uses?
913-529-3213 or 913-529-3240 they moved.

Avemco doesn't seem to keep anyone who has made a claim. They keep sending me junk mail but then say they can't insure me.

I was in the middle of purchasing a second aircraft when I pranged the first one. My broker had already received quotes and had to requote because I had not yet bound coverage as we had not completed the pre-buy. I declared the incident and all but the original carriers rescinded their quotes and the quote for the original (pranged aircraft) went up 18% but reduced 10% at two years and pricing was unaffected after three and we were able to obtain multiples.

If you get quotes from multiple brokers hey will be the same. …...

You woild think so, but that hasn't necessarily been my experience.
When I bought my 180, BWI was cheaper by a fair amount.
Last year, there was a difference between BWI's quote and someone else's--
for an identical policy (with the identical "roadside assistance" benefit) provided by the same carrier.
Only thing I can figure is a different markup / commission for the broker,
or a different price from the carrier.
I know from being in the contracting business that our vendors (subcontractors & suppliers) often quoted different prices to different customers,
and that we ourselves often quoted different prices to different general contractors-
based (among other things) on their history of paying promptly (or not).

Back