• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lake and Air Gear Advisory System Troubleshooting

kwitte

FRIEND
Central Texas
Our Amphib floatplane has the Lake and Air Gear Advisory System installed. Recently it has begun announcing the gear position constantly, even when flying at cruise speed. It seems that it does not re-set when the button is pushed. I wonder if the system is failing or if there could be something else causing the annunciations. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for troubleshooting?

I only pushed the button a few times on a 185 in Fl but thought it had to be pushed pretty hard. Missed a couple of times and hit it again, harder. Maybe like TV remote when the buttons quit working.

Remove the thing's voice and install a couple of convex mirrors out on the wings, so you can VISUALLY inspect the gear position.

MTV

Is it not activated by either flaps being deployed or low airspeed?? One or the others sensor/switch is baffed. Why I like same as MTV ... KISS... head out of the panel and out the window instead. If I want a woman nagging at me I'll go visit my mother in law...

it's either going off, because it grounded(wire rubbed through), or lost a ground( wire about broken)..

just a guess, never studied one...

assuming it actuates using micro switches...

( the wire parts/reasons above could also apply to bad micro switches?.. for same reason?)

Lol. If you chose not to go Mikes (Vivion) route:
What advisory message do you hear? Have you adjusted the threshhold for airspeed trigger? Can you do the self test after you power it up, on the ground?

Web

it's either going off, because it grounded(wire rubbed through), or lost a ground( wire about broken)..

just a guess, never studied one...

assuming it actuates using micro switches...

( the wire parts/reasons above could also apply to bad micro switches?.. for same reason?)

check wire and sensors for proper current.

Back