• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Best way to ship Bushwheels

Ursa Major

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I need to ship a pair of 31” Bushwheels (on rims) from Idaho to Maine. Any suggestions on best way to package them and/or best shipping method? I know in Alaska we used to get them wrapped in clear plastic with a shipping label glued on. Looking for something a little more secure to get them to the new owner.

Mike,

I can give you an address to ship them to if needed.:lol:

Kurt

How about a box that a stove or dishwasher came in. I sent a pair of 26 Goodyears in a box via UPS ground, worked out great. Just make sure the box is heavy duty, that is why I say an appliance box.

Kurt

I have shipped a few pair on FedEx over the years. Just wrap them in clear plastic and drop them off at FedEx....be sure to insure them. No need to put them in a box.
Lou1

You have a Fastenal store up there? Get on the net and google Fastenal, and follow the procedure outlined to get a bid. Then you secure the tires to a pallet (MUST be on a pallet) and drop them off. Your receiver picks them up at his closet Fastenal outlet. I've shipped several back hoe buckets and other tractor implements this way, and while it's a few days longer, and is not door to door, it's CHEAP. I've had an account there for years, but never knew about this little sideline of theirs until reading about it on a tractor forum.

Yep, Fastenal is cheap on bulky stuff. I've shipped a couple of motorcycle engines with them.

I just sent a set of 29s to WA via FedEx. The lady told me to don't bother to wrap it, she slapped a sticker on and away they go. You can't ship anything UPS without a box, or it's super $$$$ charge for nonstandard packaging.
And don't even think about 1 in of duct tape that's not allowed

jim

You could cut strips of cardboard and wrap and conceal like Bushwheel does with the shrink wrap. It is expensive to ship them. I ordered a set in for a customer and he back out. Got a quote to ship them to someone and was floored. Luckily Bushwheel helped me out and shipped them on their account with their discounts. Big difference. Benifits of being a Bushwheel dealer and having a good relationship with them I guess.

We had two sets shipped down from Alaska last year
No Box at all, just a string with a label. USPS. 31"
cost $180 per pair.
Had a set of Goodyear 35" Airwheels shiped from Roy, Mt to Homer Ak in 1987 via
USPS , one weighed 61lbs other 62lbs! That was tire with the tube in it only. Think
it was around $100 then!
Not sure why you would want to box them? But you sure dont need to. Good Luck.
E

Sent from my LM-X210 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

56890343_10214047310724217_6089827772446801920_n.jpg
the way airframes does it.

Back