• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Screw Anchor Adel Clamp

Eddie Foy

South Florida
I removed a couple of adel clamps that have a type of tennerman thal slips on so you can use a screw in a tough spot. I wish I had taken a photo. Anyone know what I am talking about? I couldn't find them on the interweb!

I redid the link and now it's the Tinnerman catalog. Somewhere in there are self retaining threaded nuts that slide over tangs if that's what he's after.

Gary

I removed a couple of adel clamps that have a type of tennerman thal slips on so you can use a screw in a tough spot. I wish I had taken a photo. Anyone know what I am talking about? I couldn't find them on the interweb!
I know what you are talking about, but not where to buy them. Did you look in the trash? The tinnermans have a little hook which captures the hole in the clamp which prevents them from sliding off.
Look at B & C on this chart:
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/tinnerman2.php?clickkey=5485

tubeclamp.gif

You can use the clip type Tinnerman nuts like MSC Mike posted above. Cub Crafters does this in there 180 HP conversion for the SCAT hose clamp to the lower cowl. Saves a lot of choice words.

I know but the others are more secure. I can salvage a few from old clamps.

You can use the clip type Tinnerman nuts like MSC Mike posted above. Cub Crafters does this in there 180 HP conversion for the SCAT hose clamp to the lower cowl. Saves a lot of choice words.

Look again at the chart. The part number is: A1786-8Z-1D Notice "C" straight upper leg. See that little hook on the lower inside surface? That is what holds it in place.

Yes Pete I know. The part number I gave is from the Tinnerman catalog for the tube clamps. I appreciate your help but sometimes I think that you must think I am simple minded.

Look again at the chart. The part number is: A1786-8Z-1D Notice "C" straight upper leg. See that little hook on the lower inside surface? That is what holds it in place.

No Eddie, you just did not indicate that you had even looked at that chart since the part number you mention is the wrong one. At least on the Air-Spruce chart.

Where did you get the C3047-8 number? The Cessna parts book? If so Cessna places their own numbers on stuff sometimes when it is available from other sources with their original numbers.

No Eddie, you just did not indicate that you had even looked at that chart since the part number you mention is the wrong one. At least on the Air-Spruce chart.

Where did you get the C3047-8 number? The Cessna parts book? If so Cessna places their own numbers on stuff sometimes when it is available from other sources with their original numbers.

I’ve found if that’s the case, punch it into cessnadirect.com and sometimes it will give you a non Cessna part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know but the others are more secure. I can salvage a few from old clamps.

If you're looking for better hold, just use a clip nut (they have a steel lock nut trapped inside) and slide it onto one tab on the adel. Same effect as the tinnerman but with for a machine screw.

Web

You could use a Monadnock clip nut (ACS p/n 04-00153) on an Adel clamp. It is like a Tinnerman but uses a machine screw. Never thought of this before but it would make [FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light, Helvetica Neue Light, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]installing[/FONT] Adel clamps a lot easier.

John Ciolino
Bearhawk Patrol

Back