• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Strange Cylinder Base Bolts

NunavutPA-12

FRIEND
67.8N,115.1W CYCO Canada
The bolts on the base of the cylinders on my old O-320B2B are for internal wrenching. The socket is not hexagonal but rather looks like it needs a Torx-type wrench.

The cylinder base wrenches that I have are for internal hex-head bolts, and I don't see what I need at Aircraft Spruce.

Can someone let me know where I can find such and animal?

The bolts on the base of the cylinders on my old O-320B2B are for internal wrenching. The socket is not hexagonal but rather looks like it needs a Torx-type wrench.

The cylinder base wrenches that I have are for internal hex-head bolts, and I don't see what I need at Aircraft Spruce.

Can someone let me know where I can find such and animal?
Did you try a 12 point socket?

I made my own base wrenches for that style nut. I used the heads from grade 8 bolts welded onto an appropriately shaped shank. 6 points worked fine. Kinda like 6 point bolts and nuts being turned with 12 point sockets. I don't recall whether I hardened the bolt heads after welding. Probably did though, with a diesel fuel quench - -

Larry, Just make sure that the wrenches are square to the nuts when you use them. Over time misuse can wear the internal 12 points. Normally this is not an issue.

Back