• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Question concerning G3X data.

elpcub

In the G3X screen display that provides engine information there is data titled PERCENTAGE OF POWER. Found between the MP and RMPs.
Is that the percentage of available power adjusted for DA or the rated power at sea level being used/available?
Thanks
Shep

Page 34-133 in the install manual says the percentage of power requires MP, RPM, and fuel flow inputs. To me the implication is that it's a true reading that compensates for DA.

IMG_5128.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_5128.JPG
    IMG_5128.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 170
Stewartb – thanks for the reply. I read the same. However, ……….
The problem with this is you have no base line for what 100%is.
At sea level one would believe 100% of a rate 200 hp engineis 200 hp turning the correct RPM. ApplyDA and 100% is no longer 200 hp. It’ssomething less.
So without going into some type of adjusted table what is 75%(HP) if DA if applied to the displayed information.
Or perhaps 100% is 100% if you can make the RPMs. Obviously I am not an engine guy.
BTW - the Garmin callcenter tech could not answer.

I assume 100% power is rated at 2700 rpm on a standard day. I think that's what they allude to in the last line of the paragraph. It's a good question.

it knows what altitude it's at... i'm sure it takes it into consideration.... "....as it is assumed to produce maximum power at sea level pressure..."

they just hit the
big spots in the manual, i'm thinking.... and even just hitting the high spots makes for 877 page install manual!!

Back