• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Supercub and constant speeds

don d

don
What is the pro's and cons of constant speed on super Cubs? Some lighter ones available. 180hp.

Hartzell with composite blades is about the same weight as a Borer for the 0-360 about 45#, then there is the money about 20K installed, better low to high end ass I understand.

Doug

Cost and weight are the biggest cons. That and a little more complexity under the cowl. The pro is full horsepower immediately upon applying throttle. That's huge.

I installed the Sutton STC’d 83 Hartzell Trailblazef about a year ago. My empty weight is about 1235, and with 31” ABW, my cruise at 75% is 122 MPH consistently. Take-off is always under 200’

SC88C

What is your burn rate now at 75%? I get 9.5 or so at 2450 RPM and 110 MPH. 0-360 31" -12

Doug

I installed the Sutton STC’d 83 Hartzell Trailblazef about a year ago. My empty weight is about 1235, and with 31” ABW, my cruise at 75% is 122 MPH consistently. Take-off is always under 200’

Thom, is that you? ; If it is, I have seen your departures, looks like a great performer with that prop. Keith

S88CC

Thinking of this prop engine combo. Is this on PA-18? How much $ to install? Can it work on Thrustline mount?

Back