• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anti Collision Light ??

Thanks! Running a new wire for the strobe should be fun :) A friend has a nice J-4 modified with a C-85, he is interested in the skybeacon to but the AML only has the PA series aircraft, website says no issue for part 23 aircraft not listed on the AML, but that doesnt help him out, wonder what hoops to jump through that will take?

[FONT=&quot][h=2]What if my aircraft does not appear in the AML?[/h][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Under FAA Memo titled “Installation Approval for ADS-B OUT Systems,” the FAA explains that after an STC is achieved for ADS-B OUT equipment, additional installations can be accomplished on aircraft not listed under the AML STC by an A&P with Inspection Authorization (IA) so long as the installation does not require airframe modification. This process requires completion of a two page FAA form known as a 337. We are providing a mostly complete sample skyBeacon Form 337 here. Once the form is completed your installer will mail it into the FAA office in Oklahoma City. The process is normal for many ADS-B installations and your installer is likely familiar with the process. If your installer has questions please ask them to contact us.
[/FONT]

Not an issue, FAA has issued a memo for like aircraft. Do you have a strobe now? If you don't you can wire both the nav and strobe to the same wire. It can be switched via your phone using the App.

That makes sense, thought the part 23 not CAR3 could be an issue, and wow turning strobes on and off via the app on a phone? Neat, but I like manual switches, more decisions, maybe the app switch will be ok. I dont have strobe now, thats one reason for the upgrade, want to be seen.

Thanks! Running a new wire for the strobe should be fun :) A friend has a nice J-4 modified with a C-85, he is interested in the skybeacon to but the AML only has the PA series aircraft, website says no issue for part 23 aircraft not listed on the AML, but that doesnt help him out, wonder what hoops to jump through that will take?

This is common with avionics items. Functionally, most can be installed in anything that flies whether it has wings or not, so there is no way to make a complete AML. To sign it off, see what Mr. Pierce wrote. My favorite example is the original Garmin GNS 430. It was ONLY STC'd for a Bonanza. On the 337, the mechanic/IA note that installation was done in accordance with the installation instructions with one deviation from the STC: model of aircraft. Remember that you are not modifying anything on your airframe by installing this.

Web

They just fly and out of site out of mind I guess. Ate lunch with the guy I installed the first one in his PA12 and he likes it. Just talked to another that just flew the Super Cub to Maryland and all is good. I got a call yesterday that the next batch of units are in and shipping. I will start a specific thread and post the verbage for the 337s. Lot of reading on the FAA documents on these installs that will put you to sleep in a New York second.

... I got a call yesterday that the next batch of units are in and shipping. I will start a specific thread and post the verbage for the 337s. Lot of reading on the FAA documents on these installs that will put you to sleep in a New York second.

I'm guessing the 337 verbiage for the Tailbeacon should be pretty much identical to that for the Skybeacon.
I'm looking forward to reading it.
FWIW I
pre-ordered a Tailbeacon from uAvionix a few weeks ago,
they were hoping to be approved by the FAA & shipping units by the end of March.
I talked to the owners at the NW Aviation Show last weekend,
the govt shutdown goofed up their schedule but it sounds like maybe only by a few weeks.
Hopefully I'll get mine before the FAA's rebate money runs out.

Back