• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

pneumatic stall warning

ridiculousness

Does anyone know where to look for a stall warning scoop. I have a 1967 Cessna 180 (with a pneumatic stall warning system.) I took my stall horn out which started to work fine after I cleaned it. So i grabbed a rag and began sucking on the old stall horn and it didn't work...lol then I realized the plastic scoop that sits on the inside of the the leading edge of the left wing was totally cracked out. I have looked online for a while and have only found scoops for Cessna 150's or 172's. I do have a robertson stol kit I'm just not sure what scoops will work, if they all would work, or if I should install an electric stall system.

Just a guess here, but I think all the wings are same shape up there till sometime in late 1972

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Lots of aircraft salvage yards around the country. Do a internet search they should pop up.
DENNY

Skywagon City.

Scoop? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're describing. Is it a Robertson thing? My camberlift leading edge doesn't have a scoop.

Skywagon City.

Scoop? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're describing. Is it a Robertson thing? My camberlift leading edge doesn't have a scoop.

I didn't even know how the stall warning worked until I had to investigate why it quite working. It isn't a robertson stol thing, if you have a horn in the leading edge wing root of your left wing, I would think you have a scoop on the other end of the plastic tube connected to your horn. I don't know what its called, exactly, but its shaped to start sucking air through the stall warning system. This makes the horn start to make noise about 5 to 10 mph over your stall speed. You may have an electric stall warning? I'm not sure.

google is your friend....

Man I ended up fiberglassing my old stall scoop, two layers on the front and one layer on the back. I looked all over, although i think sutton might have some in palmer. McFarlane doesn't make them anymore skywagoncity didn't have them, and everyone else i got ahold of called me back to tell me they didn't have it. The part number was superseded like three times. So most places have the horn but not the scoop.

Back