• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

how cold is it where your at?

Trying to get the 25hrs flown off of the new bird and this wx isn't helping, we went from above seasonal but solid IFR everyday for 7 weeks to this -45c BS. Wash your car and it will rain or finish a 3 year build and it will be everything but sunny and calm with decent temps. Fun stuff

We are in day two of the deep freeze here in WI today. Fortunately the wind is less, so we have "only" -37 for wind chill this morning.

The good news is, by Monday it's supposed to be 40 degrees!! :eek:

NWS official -56F in Cotton MN at official station two miles east of my house Thursday morning. No plans to fly the open trike until at least tomorrow.

Hate to spoil the party!
75F here today and past week.
46F for a high tomorrow. Back to norm.

3d2c4211ebdc5f3dff7046b60b4ceab1.jpg

Attachments

• 3ba3def74ea57b89368bed20b8373b63.jpg
    3ba3def74ea57b89368bed20b8373b63.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,866
  • 3d2c4211ebdc5f3dff7046b60b4ceab1.jpg
    3d2c4211ebdc5f3dff7046b60b4ceab1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,003
A winter favorite for us. Get some steamer's and lay them out on the BBQ grill. And some butter in a foil pond. The steamer's will cook in the salt water inside the shell and open when done. Each one is different and will open when ready. We use our fingers to remove them and dip in the butter. Best clams you will ever eat.

Glenn

Up to -18C this morning. Last week it was -34C.

Near Ottawa, Ontario

And here I was in despair and gloom over the 2C we have with snow in Istanbul :smile: There have been even some flights that are cancelled due to the weather, I wonder how you ever fly over in Ontario with such temperatures! Speaking of which, I saw two Canadians who posted on this thread, is it safe to say that there are others on this forum? I'm asking because last summer I bought a flat in Tenerife from here as summer house and we are talking with a German friend about renting a small plane or using his own by flying from Germany to Canary Islands first and then to fly over to Canada. We want to fly to remote destinations and discover the rich nature and wildlife, therefore it might be wonderful if we could find an experienced local pilot who wants to join in for fun and drinks :headset1:

weve made it back to -25f again, just about March 1.but im sure the just around the corner the state flower will be blooming.
the-north-dakota-state-flower-has-started-to-bloom-19999405.png

clear sky's, -13 here in willow, Alaska ,38'' on the level of powder,still a lot of open water west according to the neighbors !!!!

jr.

Thermostat said 74 at one point today- lots of solar heating. spring is here

was 15 on the deck this morning, about 8 last night.

65 degrees here today but gonn have a high of 35 this weekend. I thought the cold weather was done for the year. ;)
IMG_20190224_104300.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_104300.jpg
    IMG_20190224_104300.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,806
Second coldest average daily temp for February here in Montana with 2 days to go that could challenge the record. You guys need to fly more and help me out with that global warming thing.

3 ft of snow on the ground at Red Shirt Lake Alaska. Most I've ever seen out there in about 10 years.

Attachments

• IMG_2650[1].JPG
    IMG_2650[1].JPG
    121 KB · Views: 155
71 in Sierra Vista AZ today fly into Hibbing MN Saturday night forecast says -18. This might be a slight miscalculation on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

North Dakota so far has had the second coldest winter since they have been keeping track, 1936 was colder, -12f this morning. Hope the boys and gals keep the baby calves that are coming now in good shape.

71 in Sierra Vista AZ today fly into Hibbing MN Saturday night forecast says -18. This might be a slight miscalculation on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

My two dughters live in Sierra Vista. I usually go down over Christmas for a few weeks. I should have stayed longer this year!! Are you doing any flying down there?

-22 at 7:30 am!! I have work to do outside but it is going to have to wait until the sun warms things up a bit.

My two dughters live in Sierra Vista. I usually go down over Christmas for a few weeks. I should have stayed longer this year!! Are you doing any flying down there?

-22 at 7:30 am!! I have work to do outside but it is going to have to wait until the sun warms things up a bit.

I went and checked out the airport last week. Thought about getting my BFR done but didn’t find anybody. We fly home today guess I’ll do it there. Sierra Vista is a nice area enjoyed my time here.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back