• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bendix Mag Harness

Hendoii

FRIEND
All,
Had my S4LN mags overhauled. Ordered new plugs and an ACS ignition harness from Spruce as well. It appears that the acs harness takes a different harness plate that you can thread the leads into the mags vs the old one that they pressed into.

Any advice on where to get them or do I need a different harness? Pics of old and new attached. Thanks!
0a76bd121f24b2726bc1ca556846e805.jpg
14fa5e23eaebbd3d6a4f4504a4568f77.jpg
e83e2e547d9af69b306a1d7b2a1c8540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate that part of mag installation. It turns out that these harnesses are made for all 4 cylinder engines, which means blue spaghetti!

It has been a while, but I discovered that swaging wires into those caps is not reserved for brain surgeons or rocket scientists. There is a tapered ferrule in there that grabs the shield. I think the center conductor is wire, and can be soldered to brass washers. You do need the rubber udder-like thing to be in good shape.

I am still crimping my Packard 440 with Amphenol fittings. I suspect there are no more ferrules - unless the radial restorers have stockpiled them. The tool is kind of neat - it grabs the ferrule and forms it into a little button.

Thanks for the reply Bob. Despite Spruce claiming that it would be a perfect match, it is not and I returned this one for one with the correct harness plates. I sincerely appreciate the assist!

Back