• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Inreach Explorer Plus Cold Weather Issue

cubflier

Palmer, AK
Just a possible issue on these devices that I discovered on a recent camping trip. The temps were cold and I was trying to conserve battery so I left it off in camp and only turned it on to communicate. Problem was, you could not get past the power up screen. Any attempt to unlock resulted in it powering down. Left unattended it would power back down.

Took a moment to figure out a fix but if I plugged it into the charging port on the Microstart jump pack then it would power up no problems. Glad I had the jump pack. There is a field solution that I learned about when I got back and that is the soft reboot.

Just press the power button and the X button at the same time. This is the soft reboot and it reset the device's temp reference and would power up and get past the low temp alerts I was getting.

Mine is going back because it works for awhile and then looses it's temp reference but soft reboot is something to know just in case..

Take care - Jerry

Back