• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rudder pedals and front brake pedal positions??

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
Getting ready to make up the cables for the rudders. Where should the rudder pedals be positioned in the neutral /resting position. I was told they should be approximately 90 degrees to the floorboards......is this correct?
Also, what position should the front heel brake pedals be in ?
Thanks

I like mine just about hitting the firewall when the rudder hits the stop. This puts my heel in the best position for the brake. That’s just me though. Not sure what others might do.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

I like mine just about hitting the firewall when the rudder hits the stop. This puts my heel in the best position for the brake. That’s just me though. Not sure what others might do.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org
Same here, I like them as far forward as reasonably possible.

Same here, I like them as far forward as reasonably possible.
Also make sure that you apply pressure on the pedal with the rudder against the stop so that you can make allowances for looseness in the pedal installation and any possible cable stretch. Make certain that the pedal isn't hard against the firewall or blanket. You do not want to be pushing the firewall trying to get the rudder a little further in order to hit the stop.

Also make sure that you apply pressure on the pedal with the rudder against the stop so that you can make allowances for looseness in the pedal installation and any possible cable stretch. Make certain that the pedal isn't hard against the firewall or blanket. You do not want to be pushing the firewall trying to get the rudder a little further in order to hit the stop.
Agreed, that's why I chose my wording such as I did. When hard against the stop I'm still off the blanket a little. When I had my 12 rebuild a few years ago, getting the cable lengths right was one of the things that literally took some cut and try.

Round two, my thoughts, if you are gonna make your own parts make them per the drawings. Worked on to many airplanes where someone took their own liberties and they ended up effecting other things. Build an experimental if you are not willing to either buy the needed parts or obtain the drawings etc to make them per the TCDS.

I say build them to what feels comfortable to manipulate both the brake and rudder without running out of full travel. If you can just copy the length of what Piper did that seems like it would be the best way to set them up.

If you have time in a cub that will make it easier to figure out where you like your feet. I built the ones for Bushwacker which is a Maule with Super Cub heal brakes and rudder peddles, the cable length had to be figured out since there are no drawings. I think I got them where I wanted based on where my Super Cub is set up. The floor board angle is different so I may have to play with it once I fly her. I used the metal tab on the one end of the cable that has the 5 different hole positions so I have a little adjustment to play with them.

Back