• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Calling All The Old Guard

Yup, got any pics to show?
IMG_9217.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9217.jpg
    IMG_9217.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,556
Golden Oldie .... Woodson moments

IMG_0283.JPGIMG_0285.JPG
Mike and Gary on their Honeymoon Week at JC

Image 1-28-19 at 10.35 PM.jpgI
The ole Heavy Hauler himself right in the middle of one of those stories from long ago!!

IMG_0288.JPG

Cary and Mike getting ready to crank up the party!! nothing like a Margarita that taste like two stoke motor oil!!

Mike is one of the first guys I met in SC and he's been a great friend to me and my family, my first JC flyings was in 2007 I think. He flew in with group from Seattle with everything including the kitchen sink no kidding. He's been a great ambassador for Super Cub team.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Image 1-28-19 at 10.35 PM.jpg
    Image 1-28-19 at 10.35 PM.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 221
Randy's 2.jpg

Wilbur - Norb - Host Randy - SJ - Me - Larry - Tom - Kase - Doug - Boz
Got that combine off the jacks yet Wolter ??

Attachments

• Randy's 2.jpg
    Randy's 2.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 1,206
View attachment 41314

Wilbur - Norb - Host Randy - SJ - Me - Larry - Tom - Kase - Doug - Boz
Got that combine off the jacks yet Wolter ??

That combine got fixed up and ran that season yet, I think it was you guys fault that axle broke like that, I'm thinking Wilbur was standing there when it happened :)
I've gone up in the world a bit since those days, got a larger green money pit we are driving, with that residue collector that we were buying last time we went thru your town.
Its a whole lot more money than a cream puff Cub, unfortunately....my priorities are a bit wack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A_TMxWhKog

Sad I doubt you'll see birds like that again for awhile in SD after the drought ended and now this years cold/snow-mageddon.

Kirby, I think they all just got sick of SD and flew to Oklahoma! As a good friend of mine once said “ good lord with weather we have here it’s a wonder this place ever got settled”

A brand new picture of old guys arguing about how to install safety cables.

oldguys.JPG

Attachments

• oldguys.JPG
    oldguys.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 949
Pierce you've been sitting in front of that computer so long stuff is starting to grow on you face...

Just for you, Kirby....

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 744
Just for you Mark Englerth with a hat tip to Jerry Kallam for settling the score (see Mark taking the victory walk below).

Capture.JPG

victory.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 804
  • victory.JPG
    victory.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 783
SJ even helped wash.
IMG_20190214_161504.jpg
And then we had to dry it off.
IMG_20190214_171350.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_161504.jpg
    IMG_20190214_161504.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20190214_171350.jpg
    IMG_20190214_171350.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 211
SJ even helped wash.

Ummm, Steve Pierce I know you can spell better than that: Judging by the picture, I'm sure you meant "watch", not "wash." :lol:

Thanks. cubscout

I pulled up this thread that had faded away because we have new plans for the Old Guard and any Young Guard who would like to join in...and this is a perfect segue because Eddie does not know where that picture is of the "two guys in the tent" and probably would like to have the last copy! I, personally, thought it was cute! Well, on to the announcement. Eddie was so "inspired" by this thread and all of the memories, he called Mike Sisemore and got Mike to call Gaston's Resort in Arkansas to see if we could have a group meet there on Memorial Day weekend. Mike called back and he and Eddie made some plans. Mike contacted Gaston's and we are having a fly-in there on Memorial Day weekend. Mike, Patty, Eddie and I will be at Gaston's on Friday, May 24th. We encourage all of you to come whenever you can and stay however long you can. We are planning a fly-out or two. There is a beautiful restaurant at Gaston's for our dining pleasure. If you are interested, you will need to make your reservation as soon as possible (Gaston's.com). I have decided to start a new thread just for the fly-in so look for "Old Guard Fly-in at Gaston's" for new information. Quite a few people have already made reservations! Amazing! They don't allow camping there anymore so we will try to find a place for those of you who like to camp to be close. Now to the new thread...

matt and shemane.png

Matt's always wanted to meet the "Motor City Madman"......I used to fly Ted a bit back in
the '90s so I arranged a photo op. Soon as Matt saw Ted's wife Shemane he opted to
have his pic taken with her instead. If I recall correctly Matt's last words were "Ted who"?

Attachments

• matt and shemane.png
    matt and shemane.png
    620.2 KB · Views: 696
Dang Dave, anytime I have visited I have only left with airplanes or airplane parts. You've been holding out on me.

Back