• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Long Flap -12 stc drawings

Nodak33

Just curious if anyone has this handy the could send me a copy of?
Couldnt search the faa data base for some reason today, so I am short the stc number too.

Gonna start a project set of -12 wings I want to put the long flappies on and move the aileron outboard with the ext wing.

The set I’m going to be working off of are 14s and already have flappies.

Thanks Men!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

the original STC was to "day & night" aircraft... the newer version (SAME) STC is under the name Aircraft Innovations LLC I think

Ron Sullivan 907-561-2550 or 907-345-4630. He owns the STC. Great guy, and loves to talk about PA12's.
John

I was once told that tripacer ailerons work perfectly as flaps because they go all the way to the fuselage. The starboard aileron would be the port flap and the port aileron would be the starboard flap.

You might look into that old wives tale.

Let us know if that's true.

I was once told that tripacer ailerons work perfectly as flaps because they go all the way to the fuselage. The starboard aileron would be the port flap and the port aileron would be the starboard flap.

You might look into that old wives tale.

Let us know if that's true.

make sure the "twist" in them is correct... the STC is WRONG and the twist is BACKWARDS to the wing, the new "FLAPS" get installed on... thats why they have you SEVERELY bend the attach brackets... you can do better..

I appreciate it stewart. Pictures of the amended drawing installations would be great. Looking through some old posts, Mike you said you built a set and correct the drawing the drawings.

"I did the long flaps without the square tail... my FAA guy said no big deal, many of their (D&N) STC's try to tie(sell) you their other STC's... was a field approval... also didn't use their wing tips, used Dakota's tips..."

Do the wings have to be extended? Or can you keep them stock lengths without the tips?

I called Ron after we bought our 12 with his Flaps and tail feathers. Super guy, visited at length and learned so much.

Came across old pictures showing moving aileron out and adding long flaps on covered wings.

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6624.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6623.JPG
    IMG_6623.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_6624.JPG
    IMG_6624.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 267
Don’t know if it’s the same guy, but back in the 80s the guy that owned the square tail STC and several others built up a PA-12 for a friend of mine and that airplane was a piece of junk! Bad welds, hardware store hardware, prop bolt holes counterbored with a hand drill and on and on. Buyer beware!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure who that is/would be, but I doubt it was Ron, I've spoken to him at length 3 times in the last couple months since I started looking at the now new to me -12, about what was & is available & what he has in particular. The Square tail never came up, the enlarge -18 feathers did, the flaps one did, actually 2 different ones, mods to the seat if continueing to use the original after removing the truss as part of one of the -18 gear conversions, and of course the -18 gear conversion with OR without extended gear...

Don’t know if it’s the same guy, but back in the 80s the guy that owned the square tail STC and several others built up a PA-12 for a friend of mine and that airplane was a piece of junk! Bad welds, hardware store hardware, prop bolt holes counterbored with a hand drill and on and on. Buyer beware!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this mod to my 12 a couple of years ago... I got the STC from Ron. He's a great guy and loves to talk PA-12's. When I did mine, I got a set of PA-18 ailerons from Dakota Cub with flap attachments. I also used Ron's squared wingtips. Everything works well, except the flaps can come down and rub the fuselage if you don't make "alterations" to the rib closest to the fuselage. (this happens {a} if you don't limit the flap travel, and {b} if you don't use gust locks and the wind blows!)
I bought gust locks!

Back