• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a widebody fuselage start to finish timelaps

WanaBNACub

Off Airport
I just finished putting together a timelapse video of a widebody fuselage build start to finish. The average fuselage takes between 180-240 manhours to put together depending on the configuration and modifications. This one is going in the 2019 Alaska Airmans Raffle Cub being built by Above Alaska Aviation.

Thanks for that. I envy the fuselage jig. After fiddling for days with dimensions on my fuselage, I thought, for the next one, the first thing I'd do is build a steel jig.

I'm also am sort of happy that I apparently am not a total sluggard. I'm right at the 240 hour mark and think I have another 20 or so hours to go. But that is in 2-4 hour increments.

The jigs we use are really nice. I think you are doing incredibly well if you're only going to be in it 260 some hours. These guys do this every day. And when I rebuilt my cub I had about 70 hours in the jig just replacing 11 tubes and some mounts and tabs.

Back