• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Grandfather of SuperCub.Org Publishes New South Dakota Aerial Photography Book!

Wow, I didn't know cubdriver was that talented. It is a work of art. and here I thought he was a cigar salesman.

I call him the "Sin Merchant" between the liquor store and the cigar shop. 8)
When Dave and the SuperCub contingent were at my place, Dave supplied the smokes and the "aiming fluid" ...generous man that he is.
It was a wildly popular gesture, too.
When I finally got home from the field, the door was open on my house and heavy smoke was rolling out.
I thought maybe there was something burning on the stove, but it was just the first round of lit cigars, scotch, and premium Canadian whiskey.
Dave knows how to party. Fun stuff.

Dave should be the South Dakota Tourism Ambassador

24154817.jpg
25165653.jpg

Attachments

• 25165653.jpg
    25165653.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 24154817.jpg
    24154817.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 254
Hey sorry for the thread drift...But does anybody know if Larry Singley still lives in Pecan Plantion ?? I lost his cell number and haven't talked to him in the last couple years

I can't help it that you Yankees can't handle stuffed jalapenos. :roll:

My uncle, who's from roswell, nm brought me some of your southern jalapenos once. Took a couple nibbles from the tip and thought they were sissies. Then took a big bite, and well that was probably 12 years ago, i'm just finaly geeting some taste buds back!

I had the chance to meet Dave this past week and check out the book as well as spend some time pheasant hunting with TPTailwheel and several other awesome pilots in South Dakota. All salt of the earth people!

I put Dave's book on my Christmas list. In a world where everyone thinks flying is just point a to b, he reminds us why we do what we do, great job Dave.

I need to dig up a copy of kase's picture of moose in front of the barn, forgot about that one. If there is a bird dog heaven, I'm sure moose's version looks a lot like that day at Randy's.

Got my copy yesterday. Amazing photos but the stories that go with the pictures make it that much better. Gives one a great appreciation for the state of South Dakota and the people that live there. Talked to Dave the other day, I guess he has been ribbed pretty good lately. 8)

Hey Boz........... I'll throw in a good stogie:cheers
Great memories of the 1st NH gang. I thought we'd get along when I taxied up an you're kicked back suckin' on a cigar......and knew for sure when
we threw the hog on the front of your jeep and used it for the dining room table.

Wow the old crows are coming home to roost!! Seeing you guys post brings back lotta good memories. All we need is Wilbur and Diggler. Rick. P.S. How many other old-timers are they out there. They need to chime in with some good humor.

I spoke to Wilbur recently and he is doing great! Happy to hear that you are still with us Boz. We may actually have to schedule a reunion of the “lost”. Mark

I'm not lost but I'm ready for any reunion you have in mind. Only if Wilber brings Deano's favorite coconuts!��

I'm not lost but I'm ready for any reunion you have in mind. Only if Wilber brings Deano's favorite coconuts!��

Tom, that would be a good idea...
I hope you are still good at telling stories, I still think about the one you told about an incident out west :)

Randy now you know Tom can tell that story involving that small domesticated Rodent pet ... but Tunge can tell it equally as funny Dave let’s hear it ��

I asked him the other day if he had found a bigger airplane. He said "no, why?" I said to get your head I . He laughed, said he had heard that a lot lately. He confessed he agreed to do some book signings. We need to bombard him with thousands of strangers. 8)

:help sj !!!!
My Benjamin on the way if you can stop this nonsense.

:help sj !!!!
My Benjamin on the way if you can stop this nonsense.

Are you kiddin? This thread has brought more people out of hiding than anything in the last ten years! I can't be bribed as cheaply as I used to be... :lol:

sj

Back