• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Grandfather of SuperCub.Org Publishes New South Dakota Aerial Photography Book!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Dave Tunge, (cubdrvr) was the first supporting member of SuperCub.Org (that makes him the grandfather). He has just published a new book - which he was kind enough to send me a copy of - of his aerial photography in South Dakota. It is an incredible book with great writing about South Dakota, and about Dave. Here's an article about it!

Article Link

tunge.jpg

Attachments

• tunge.jpg
    tunge.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 3,220
Congrats Dave, Looks like a good book for under the Christmas tree.

Thanks for the heads up, S.J.

Order 2 copies and send me one will ya :lol:

Not a problem, just need your credit card info!;-)

SJ, Thank you for the heads up, this is really cool. Any chance at all that you could pass on how to order said cool book?

I have a signed copy on my coffee table, the book is incredible and Dave is very humble about his talents.
This is a must have item, you can order it direct from www.dakotaaerials.com.
Great Christmas gift!!
Tom

The book is available here. Also check out Dave's website, some amazing photos. http://www.dakotaaerials.com

Dave is one of those guys that you really like to share your campfire with. When you are leading 8 plus Super Cubs and you want to arrive at that get together with just enough gas to compete in the short field landing contest but you didn't take the strong winds into account and you land in a field just short of the intended destination Dave is the guy that lands next to you and knows exactly what happened and has a 5 gallon can of gas in the back of his Cub. Glad to see Dave's talents and passion portrayed in a book.

Remember that! It was just a bit startling to briefly look down at your chart then back up and the cub you are following just plumb disappeared. Glad Dave was far enough back and alert enough to see what happened. Some things you just don't forget. That was a pretty fun time. Now back to regular programming. Gotta go to his web site.

Great pictures on your web page Dave. It Looks like old 87D still follows a coyote just fine, you should fly her up and we can get her some practice.
Dave

Thanks for the post sj......and the nice comments from ya'all......but the main purpose of this post is that 1) I never did get paid for my 5 gal of gas from Pierce, and 2) the way he, Murph, and the crew at the Lodge conned me into the "mild" jalapenos I never should have stopped at all. Now he's being nice ???

Thanks for the post sj......and the nice comments from ya'all......but the main purpose of this post is that 1) I never did get paid for my 5 gal of gas from Pierce, and 2) the way he, Murph, and the crew at the Lodge conned me into the "mild" jalapenos I never should have stopped at all. Now he's being nice ???

I can't help it that you Yankees can't handle stuffed jalapenos. :roll:

Ive met him a few times … Nice enough guy.:smile: His brothers John and Brian got all the brains and Looks in that family:lol:

Of course if we could ever get the guy prayed away from home he might get the chance to take some pictures of gods country although I guess I understand now that I see he has been holding all the pretty girls hostage and can’t leave his guard post for fear of a mass escape...:oops:
Or he could prove me wrong and fly on up,,,,I know 87D knows the way!
dave
maybe ole eagle eye Sodak could show him the way and Whittier and Powell could fly high cover

Deano.........I just sent you a collage of various pieces mounted on foam core

IMG_6947.JPG Just thought you might want to know, apparently the majority whip also likes Tunge’s book! Luckily he has never seen his pj’s. (Not photoshopped) awesome!!

Wowzers that is John Thune who is one of the Most Respected Republicans in The World!! he is holding a Book that was published by Bernie Hunhoff who is one of the most notable Democrats in South Dakota !! And the pics in that book were taken by a Great South Dakotan !! All 3 dudes are Great South Dakotans !!! SJ that is Bipartisanship on Steroids :lol:

I got a great picture of straightening a prop for the godfather while it was still on the airplane. A pick up in front and a tractor in the back and a cowboy directing the escapade. I got a find it!!!!! Rick

I have some pretty good shots too, of how that prop got bent... maybe we should have an online roast? :lol:

P.S. "Jodell" was the guy in the pickup as I recall....

Steve if you can find some of those pictures it would really be great those were some fantastic times

Steve if you can find some of those pictures it would really be great those were some fantastic times

Back