• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Can someone explain this suspension to me?

cgoldy

Moogerah Queensland Australia
Can someone explain this suspension to me?

Attachments

• IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 363
I think it’s made by Beringer (sp?)
google “beringer cub suspension” and you should find a video of articulating.

I keep wondering to myself WHY the long extension to this gear in the unloaded position. Fluid don’t care what shape vessel it’s in. Make it WIDE down by the axel in the bad air, with less travel and same dampening effect..??

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

With the axle pivot moved down to the vee, you can droop more for whatever camber change you can live with. And we do want more travel. Long travel buggies and trucks look funny in midair, but we do want their soft landing tech.
If you go back the to size tire you really need and let hi tech do the absorbing and dampning, maybe the drag will be less.

The rolling diameter of the tire is as important as shock absorbing of the shocks on the landing gear. If the tire can't roll over the object easily all that energy is transfered back into the landing gear, fuselage attach points and bolts. That is why 35" tires work so well without needing much of a landing gear shock. You can run them at 2-3 psi and land on ruff terrain without damaging things. They become the shock to some degree. I don't like how far the Beringer gear hangs down either and I'm with Mike that to limit that you really would not be loosing anything because it really is not doing much for you probably until you get some load on it. You can't run your Bushwheels as low of air pressure without scrubbing the sidewall off or folding the tire under. I want the Bushwheel to still be working for me as part of the shock absorbing system and in the configuration I see it won't work.

We have not even talked about side hill or side beach landings, that would suck for that.

Back