Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading Dies and equipment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tempdoug View Post
    Now that is a rig. Thats just a little smaller version of a 16inch gun on a battleship. Not much though. sittin here just thinking about shooting that. muzzle brake? not much less than a 50.
    Ya. Had a muzzle brake. Kicked about like a 25-06. But was loud on the range. Out hunting you never noticed it. Didnít pack it much, just sit on a ridge and long range elk. Then the work started with horses to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post
    Well, actually, trying to kill paper at a high level of accuracy. Shooting .34 MOA with factory loads at 250 yards makes me wonder if reloading will do much better; I am sure a bench rest would close even that group down.
    I'm a paper shooter with a .22 Henry trying to work my way out to the other end of the only range available to me at 100 yards. I realize that's a long shot for a .22 but my biggest problem is holding the rifle still enough to hit my aim point. A steady rest helps a lot but It is still difficult to hold the gun still. The rifle and the ammo are accurate enough if it can be stopped from moving. I need a better steady rest.
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same with an old Glennfield bolt action and Lyman target sights. It's amazing what an off the shelf rifle will do with good sights and ammo.

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wireweinie View Post
    I do the same with an old Glennfield bolt action and Lyman target sights. It's amazing what an off the shelf rifle will do with good sights and ammo.

Web
    And young eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Chicken Hawk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. Lots of gray in this beard!

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually SuperCub.Org saves me money, but this thread cost me a bit.

There has been an opening in my gun safe for quite a while, and after reading this thread I got the bug to fill it.

Yesterday, with my new 6.5 and factory amo, after breaking it in, I shot a .25 moa 3 round group at 500 meters.

I’ll probably have to sell this gun now because I don’t think I could do any better, and I don’t want to find out it was just luck.

Liking my new toy.

Post Thanks / Like
    just like slot machines, do i or dont i.

Post Thanks / Like

New Gun

Mojo,

Love the 6.5 and then had to have a 338 Lapua! The 300 grain Bergers make it seem like cheating and the best thing is it kicks like a 243 with the Holland Radial Brake. I thought the next thing would be a 50 BMG, but my neighbor got one to try and it just kicks to much for me. It is a lighter one that looks like a big AR that kicks about like a 3.5 inch 12 gauge with the brake, but six shots off the bench and I'm done. I would like to try the Barrett Semi Auto and the McMillan with the hydraulic stock, but have not had the chance yet.

Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    and that kick it will ruin you mentally, hand something to someone unloaded and watch, and it takes a long time to cure oneself of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    I'm a paper shooter with a .22 Henry trying to work my way out to the other end of the only range available to me at 100 yards. I realize that's a long shot for a .22 but my biggest problem is holding the rifle still enough to hit my aim point. A steady rest helps a lot but It is still difficult to hold the gun still. The rifle and the ammo are accurate enough if it can be stopped from moving. I need a better steady rest.
    Kind of the same here, only Iíve got a Winchester 52B and a H&R M12 that I use for 50 and 100 yard both with iron sights and scope. Lots of fun, but even .22 LR when you use Center X gets expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    aktango, You sure can stir up a trip to the gun shop. I went out and bought myself a new Ruger Mark IV today for some variety.
    N1PA