• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Extra tubing ?

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
What are your thoughts on installing a tube running from the lower motor mount (firewall corner) on the fuselage up to the cluster where the corner of the instrument panel is located. It would criss cross the existing tube that runs from the upper motor mount down to the cluster where the front gear attach is. The tubes would not touch. I'm no engineer, but just appears the added tube would add some strength to the motor mount/ firewall area. Your thoughts? I'm rebuilding a J-3 Cub and was wondering about this.

I've seen it done in a few different planes, looks like a good way to keep the motor from buckling into your feet in the event of an 'incident'. Then again, I'm no engineer, either.

I've seen it done in a few different planes, looks like a good way to keep the motor from buckling into your feet in the event of an 'incident'. Then again, I'm no engineer, either.
That is the idea in doing that one. Have done it on a couple and I like it, but that's just me.

Back