• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bungee installation with engine lift

wdoubleday

Hi folks,
just wanted to share an idea that actually worked. See pics. No injuries or damage to aircraft parts. My Harbor Freight engine hoist can supposedly lift up to 1 ton. Since I don’t have the strength of the Hulk to stretch the bungees by hand, my engine hoist does. I fabricated a bracket from square steel tubing and two triangular pieces of 0.100 steel plate. Welded each sheet tab on both sides of square tubing, then drilled and reamed a 5/16 inch hole to which the upper bungee strut bushing gets attached via 5/16 bolt. Clamped the tubing bracket underneath each hoist support leg. I wrapped four loops of paracord around one end of the bungee, tying a double fisherman’s knot to complete the loop. Attached the paracord loops to lift clip, then pumped up jack. Pryed the bungee over the saddle, carefully, then lowered lift. Cut the paracord and repeat process for second bungee. It’s the little victories that carry you through the bigger fustrations
Wendel

Attachments

• 3E7E72F9-75DE-44F9-8AA5-8DBE2894B7D9.jpeg
    3E7E72F9-75DE-44F9-8AA5-8DBE2894B7D9.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 238
  • C0BCD490-3E35-4EB2-AF41-3B9F2FD5D5FB.jpeg
    C0BCD490-3E35-4EB2-AF41-3B9F2FD5D5FB.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 243
Yup, the Hammond boys have been doing it that way for years.

Glenn
Yep, I did it the same way a few years ago, right up 'til the Harbor Freight engine hoist broke. The bungees were stronger than the welds on the hoist.

Yes, that's the way I change the cub's bungee's. Works great.

A little KY jelly helps with seating the bungees as well as removing the strap.
ok, chime in with the funny remarks...

Back