• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Who's headed to Airventure next week?

Yea, we decided to wait till tomorrow and not much the 20 kt head wind, get stuck south of Oshkosh and then fight the masses going in on Sunday morning. Been there, done that.

Mike and I got lucky with an AirBnB close by but will be around the field. I’ll be on the docks at the seaplane base from time to time. Looking forward to seeing you folks and kicking Tom Ford’s tires.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Mike and I got lucky with an AirBnB close by but will be around the field. I’ll be on the docks at the seaplane base from time to time. Looking forward to seeing you folks and kicking Tom Ford’s tires.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

The rest of us just pee on them

Glenn

Arrived about noon. The most screwed up arrival I’ve ever seen. Controller at Fisk told everyone inbound to circle Green Lake. Then forgot about us. Soon the Fisk freq is silent. Still didnt get it.

Meanwhile I’m dodging RVs cutting corners over Green Lake. Blasting along at the speed of heat.

New voice comes on Fisk. And calls us in. Ten minutes of silence later, the first Green Lake holder arrives.

First time I’ve heard controllers not telling us to rock wings. Two Cessna taildraggers arrive together. No wing rock, just “turn right 90 degrees NOW!” So we did, both us. Right into a serious rain shower. I figure he actually meant “about 40 degrees, which took me to the runway.

Marshallers took me waaaaay south. Kept wanting to see my sign. Five times I showed the VAC sign. I got parked in row 149 (yes, a northern suburb of Fond du Lac). Got out of the plane and a volunteer asked why I was in contemporary parking....”You’re supposed to have a sign ya know...”. So I showed him my sign. The head guy said this is where I stay.

interesting arrival. But, hey, I’m at Oshkosh!

MTVI

Smooth arrival in the Beaver this morning a little after 09:00. Overnighted in Phillips, WI last night after getting forced down by the weather. Tied down the airplane and ran over to meet Tom Ford and see his immaculate Cub. Sitting in Appleton airport now to go back to work next week.

image1.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 168
Arrived about noon. The most screwed up arrival I’ve ever seen. Controller at Fisk told everyone inbound to circle Green Lake. Then forgot about us. Soon the Fisk freq is silent. Still didnt get it.

Meanwhile I’m dodging RVs cutting corners over Green Lake. Blasting along at the speed of heat.

New voice comes on Fisk. And calls us in. Ten minutes of silence later, the first Green Lake holder arrives.

First time I’ve heard controllers not telling us to rock wings. Two Cessna taildraggers arrive together. No wing rock, just “turn right 90 degrees NOW!” So we did, both us. Right into a serious rain shower. I figure he actually meant “about 40 degrees, which took me to the runway.

Marshallers took me waaaaay south. Kept wanting to see my sign. Five times I showed the VAC sign. I got parked in row 149 (yes, a northern suburb of Fond du Lac). Got out of the plane and a volunteer asked why I was in contemporary parking....”You’re supposed to have a sign ya know...”. So I showed him my sign. The head guy said this is where I stay.

MTVI

fb1c5fb066c00d44066b0f1404b525fb.jpg

Saw ya land. Nice looking airplane. Don’t know why they parked everyone so far back. I’m in 113 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth arrival in the Beaver this morning a little after 09:00. Overnighted in Phillips, WI last night after getting forced down by the weather. Tied down the airplane and ran over to meet Tom Ford and see his immaculate Cub. Sitting in Appleton airport now to go back to work next week.

View attachment 38200

Beautiful landing. Nice and slow for a big airplane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTVI

Been sent to circle the lake twice and both times when they released us instead of circling the shore line everyone cut straight across and converged on the same spot at the same time. Total cluster. Glad you are on the ground. Hope to be the same tomorrow.

I was set to arrive about 7:30pm. Perfect right?! No! Luckily I had been listening to the Fisk arrival on LiveATC trying to figure out what to expect. The controllers had been threatening that the bonanza mass arrival could show up at anytime shuting the field down for one hr plus. Appearently weather has delayed them all day. Guess what, at 6:30 the guys at Fisk turned everybody away as the bonanzas started to arrive. “You can hold but there’s more weather coming and you’re not getting in. Divert.” said the controller. As if on cue a guy comes on the radio and say, “F&@k the Bonanza guys and I own one!” The controller lost all composer and just laughed......

Love it and so did my Dad. He said if he had been on the radio he would have chimed in as well. He said he arrived at the same time one year and they continued the Fisk arrivals and brought the Bonanzas in like the IFRs. Problem was the Bonanzas that had to go around. He was reading their forum recently and some have issue flying at 90 knots. :roll:

Love it and so did my Dad. He said if he had been on the radio he would have chimed in as well. He said he arrived at the same time one year and they continued the Fisk arrivals and brought the Bonanzas in like the IFRs. Problem was the Bonanzas that had to go around. He was reading their forum recently and some have issue flying at 90 knots. :roll:

The RV guys think that “90 knots” reads as starting with a 1 on the a/s indicator.

Nastier than cat poop here this AM. Should clear up by Thursday.

My compadre from NW MN arrived last night and they parked him in Vintage. I found a helpful volunteer who let me move north. I’m now in vintage....shop hooo!

MTV

Kris and I just arrived Osh this afternoon.. Sunday we will meet with STOL pilots at Ultralight with the event packages.
Hope everyone can come by and watch the fun, it is a well rounded group of pilots and aircraft.

Each night before the demo there will be an informal STOL discussion starting at 5:30PM (thats Mon-Tue-Thur and Friday). Please come by and talk one-on-one with all the pilots!

See you there frank 'n kris
Where do we look for you?

I’ll be there all week around AOPA area, (ASI). Stop in and say hi! Is there a SC.org forum like last year?

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

We arrived Saturday between the rain, but only because the cluster of Bonanzas diverted and a break in weather..��
I thought B17’s were bigger than this.... #ballybomber

Camped. Row 99 next to food..! And celebrities..!

Attachments

• 15277A50-8F01-47B9-BD4D-315669062E14.jpg
    15277A50-8F01-47B9-BD4D-315669062E14.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
That is a good size comparison. It is smaller than I thought it was. In the other pictures that I've seen it didn't seem quite that small.

attachment.php

Newbe to scub/New Holstein.

Flew to NH today just to check it out and meet some of the people from this group. And I bought a 2018 NH fly in T shirt. Well worth the trip. Finally some nice weather for all !
Rodb

Back