• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Brand New 2019 Super Cub

Fuel injected, finally! No more carb heat. Ignition is "fully transistorized" too. After all these years.

Fuel injected, finally! No more carb heat. Ignition is "fully transistorized" too. After all these years.

Yeah, technology keeps marching along. And the current price of $3599 for a Honda Super Cub compared with the originals is about in line with original Piper Super Cub prices to today's prices on Cubs (the airplane kind).

I purchased a brand new Honda CB175 in 1971 for $695, and it took a long time to save up that much money. I guess I'm getting old...

I read that over the years there have been 110,000,000, yep, 110 million of these things produced! Wow!

First of my 60 motorcycles so far was a bicycle conversion Whizzer in 1960. Then a JAWA CZ350 2-cycle twin. The third in 1962 was a Honda 50 Cub....finally they have decided to import them to the USA after 44 years of absence (1974). Their history: http://world.honda.com/Cub/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub

Like McDonald's there's been millions sold. Developing nations have embraced the products.

It's no wonder the motorcycle industry is slow or shrinking in North America. Without a starter motorcycle how do you get them hooked on riding? Free bike drugs tomorrow?

Gary

There are stories out there about if Honda used the "Super Cub" name in the US it would have been a trademark infringement against the Piper Super Cub. On the C100 motorcycles sold in the US Honda changed the tank decal and leg shield logo from "Super Cub" & "Cub" to "Honda 50". Is there any documentation anywhere about this?

I have the Honda C100 50cc bikes from the 60s, a 1980 C70 and now the 2019 Honda Super Cub C125 60th-anniversary edition.

a.jpg
20180921.jpg
2XSC.jpg

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 2XSC.jpg
    2XSC.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 501
  • 20180921.jpg
    20180921.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 355
I read that over the years there have been 110,000,000, yep, 110 million of these things produced! Wow!

Most popular scooter of all time.

Always wanted one of the old ones, but figured it would be tricky for me to keep running.

sj

Any idea of its top speed, or maybe I should say practical speed between home and the airport

I would think Piper would have defended their trade mark vigorously given that not many years earlier they lost to Pan Am over the Clipper name. That’s why the Clipper was only built for 1 year and was followed by the Pacer in 1950.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think Piper would have defended their trade mark vigorously given that not many years earlier they lost to Pan Am over the Clipper name. That’s why the Clipper was only built for 1 year and was followed by the Pacer in 1950.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back then who'da thought that a Jap bike would sell in the USA

Glenn

Back