• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mixing avgas and premium uleaded

I mix it in 55 gallon drums. 40 gallons of 87 E0 / 15 gallons 100 LL. Mixes in the truck bed on the way home and sometimes it sits for months before use. No problems yet.....

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

The one thing to watch for if using auto fuel is, get Ethanol FREE (E0) fuel. Ethanol will eat your engine from the inside out.

We get ethanol-free mogas (89 octane) here in the Canadian arctic. I get 100 litres of mogas in a 205 litre (55 US gallon) drum, then fill it up with 100 LL. The drum sits in the bed of my truck and I feed the mix to my O-320-160. Seems to work well and the plugs are cleaner.

Does anyone actually "mix" mogas & avgas before putting it into the airplane?
Or do y'all (like me) just pour it in separately?
The lead gets to the valves either way,
but if you're blending in 100LL to add octane to 87 or 92 mogas for a high compression engine,
that mixing first wouldn't be a bad idea.

I mix in pickup tank with fine micron filter.
0603181912.jpg

Attachments

• 0603181912.jpg
    0603181912.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 237
Does anyone actually "mix" mogas & avgas before putting it into the airplane?
Or do y'all (like me) just pour it in separately?
The lead gets to the valves either way,
but if you're blending in 100LL to add octane to 87 or 92 mogas for a high compression engine,
that mixing first wouldn't be a bad idea.

I mix it 60 (mogas) to 40 (avgas) in one of the 30 gallon gas caddys you see advertised on ebay & amazon, burn it in my a658 (Luscombe) and C90 (PA18-95). Works just fine, no issues with clinkers, stuck valves, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back